EURO 2008: Qualifying Round

Mentors

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TRIBUTES are being paid to Scotland this morning after the entire country laughed itself to death.

The alarm was first raised at around 10pm last night as thousands of phone calls and text messages went unanswered.

Small groups of volunteers from Berwick-Upon-Tweed and Carlisle ventured north just after midnight only to find houses full of dead people

gathered around still blaring television sets.

By dawn, as RAF helicopters flew over deserted city streets, it was clear that the whole country had suffered a catastrophic abdominal rupture.

Wayne Hayes, a special constable from Northumberland, said: "We went into one house in Dunbar and found three men sitting on the sofa with huge smiles on their faces, still holding cans of 70 shilling. They seemed to be at peace."

He added: "In a house near Edinburgh we found a man face down on the living room floor with his trousers and pants round his knees. It seems he may have been showing his bare buttocks to the television when he keeled over."

Roy Hobbs, a civil engineer from Northampton, said: "I got a call from my friend Ian in Stirling at about 9.50pm. He was already laughing when I answered the phone, but after about 25 minutes of the most vigorous and uncontrollable hilarity, everything suddenly went very quiet."

Moving tributes are already being placed along the Scotland-England border with many mourners opting to leave a simple bag of chips or a deep fried bunch of flowers. :rip:

i have said many times in the past that i'm not really a fan of International Football but i did want England to Qualify.

i don't blame McLaren,as i said in an earlier post you can only work with the tools provided.

look at the defence last Night,how many of those Players would have played if Terry,Ferdinand and A.Cole had been available?.

i don't think they would have made the basic errors that the crap that played last night did.

i never see the point in playing one man upfront and Crouch is not the answer for that role.

look how many times England just launched aimless high balls in his direction and thenif he did get the ball there was hardly anyone following up.

when Croatia attacked they attacked in numbers whereas England sometimes had 2 Men attacking....crazy.

Croatia were by far the better Team and very good in their technical play.

England play the same way every game and don't seem to be able to adapt their game or tactics.

but i still think that the result would have been different if England had had all their best Players available,like Rooney,Owen,Terry,Ferdinand,Cole and Neville.

but i think the FA should take a lot of the blame for this.

it's an organisation run by non Football people,isn't it about time we had Football run by Football People?.

heard somewhere today that there are only 32 Englishmen playing in the PL.

don't know how true that is.

Until the FA and england as a whole stop passing the blame on foreign players in the league and stop the arrogance that comes with having invented the sport, they will always be second best and '66 will be longer and longer in memories and forgotten.

Finally, they need a manager who won't care what the press thinks. Won't play popular players for no other reason than they are deemed undroppable. Someone who can motivate the players and play towards England's strengths. I'd volunteer for the job but I'm busy at the moment. :smirk:

World cup? Really, who cares...the problems with english football are going to take years to fix...the penny isn't dropping...years of failure, years of poor management, years of over hyped arrogant puffed up players who don't seem to know how to operate as a team...there's some talent in the team, but not a lot...the reality is there's very little real flair and creativity and they play within themselves rather than being confident and assertive. Someone with intelligence needs to be given the managers job, someone with insight, awareness, understanding...personally, i can't think of anyone fitting the bill. They're fucked for the time being.

Archived