EURO 2008: Qualifying Round

Mentors

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not exactly difficult for Austria and Switzerland to qualify........

wonder how much money FIFA and UEFA will lose with a Tournament being played in Countries with Stadia holding 10,000 People....?

large enough to see Russia play instead of England! :neener:

Russia - England 2:1

Only saw 2nd but Russia deserved those two goals. England got some chances and could've finished the game but were outplayed in that second period.

They'll need to pray for a good performance from the Israelis (vs Russia) next month.

They may still make it but it'll be as far from convincing as one could get.

They deserved it, except the penalty decision was a farce, not only was it not a penalty, it was outside the box.

Maybe we will sneak through if Israel get a result against Russia, but that would entail McClaren keeping his job, so good luck Russia :mad:

No sour grapes, but that penalty was very debatable, the offence took place nearer the half way line than the 18 yard box, OK Poetic Licence but it was miles out.

That being said, before the incident England had 2 gilt edge opportunities to render the decision irrellavent, Gerrard should of at least hit the target with his chance and Micha Richards attempt at Rooney's flick on shows why he is a defender.

The Penalty gave the Russians the impetous to push forward.

The only saving grace is that if England fail to qualify then McClown is out of a job,I will be cheering Isreal on against Russia and I may even have a Cyber-Bharmitza, but I refuse to get circumcised, my support does not go that far.

Russia were the better Team but to be expected.

i thought England would do well to get a draw.

Russia showed in the 2nd Half at Wembley that they are a useful Team when they want to be.

Rooney was offside when he scored but such a sweet finish.

the Penalty decision was wrong but maybe makes up for the England Goal.

England should have scored at least one more Goal but then Robinson fucks up again.

how many times in recent Weeks has Robinson failed to catch a ball or failed to push it away to safety?.

Lescott was awful down the left and caught out many times.

People moan about Phil Neville and that he is right footed but he is so experienced and should have been first choice.

a much better choice than Lescott.

Gerrard was shite but Campbell was immense at times.

bringing on Crouch was the worst thing for England.

they just lumped high balls forward for Crouch to reach with his head and he hardly got one of them.

England just abandoned playing Football and just relied on the up and under......wrong.

having to rely on Israel is not ideal as England will still need some kind of positive result against Croatia,which will not be easy.

Scotland have made it difficult for themselves.

needing a win against the Eye-Ties is a hard ask even in front of a packed Hampden Park.

looking dodgy as to wether there will be any British presence at the Compie next Year.

perhaps time to organize another round of the Home Championships next Summer......

Archived