EURO 2008: Qualifying Round

Mentors

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i see no comments from Drums and Pipes.

Dream is over for Scotland and seems also over for Norway and Russia.

Qualified

- Switzerland

- Austria

- Greece

- Germany

- Czechia

- Italy

- France

- Romania

- Croatia

- Poland

- Netherlands

- Spain

looks good for Turkey, Portugal, Sweden and England (can send a big thank you to Israel)

next games on Wednesday

Hard luck Scotland, so near but yet so far. You did your nation proud in such a tough group and you stood up to the world champions and France. I salute you and wish you the best for the WC qualifying.

I mean this most genuinely. :thumbup:

Do I fuck ...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

:elephant::chili::yay::elephant::chili::yay::elephant::chili::yay::elephant::chili::yay:

the Scots were possibly unlucky.

having to get a result against Italy was always gonna be hard.

the award of a free-kick to Italy which led to to the winning Goal was a joke...... :shocked:

but Scotland still had to defend the free-kick which they didn't.

and their Goal was possibly offside and they had other chances.

entertaining Game between Wales and the ROI which was meaningingless.

congrats to David Healy for becoming the top Goalscorer of all time in Qualifying Games.

13 Goals playing for a Team like NI is some achievement.

i don't understand all the fuss about England and McLaren.

the way the Medis and Public are calling for his head you would think that England had blown it.

nothing is further from the truth,they lost in Russia but Russia are unbeaten at home in the Group.

they have conceded less Goals then any other Team and those 4 Goals came in 2 Games which means 8 clean sheets.

is that such a bad thing?.

the hysteria about Israel doin England a favour is a little silly.

Israel have only lost once at home in the last 8 Years,not a bad record and it was never gonna be an easy Game for the Ruskies.....

and don't forget England have been missing many Players this Competition.

Terry,Lampard,Owen and Rooney have missed many Games and i don't think McLaren has ever been able to play the Team of his choice.

against Croatia it looks like a front 2 of Crouch and Defoe,i wonder how many people would vote for that combination?.

you can only do a job well with the tools provided,if the best tools for the job are missing then it makes your job harder.

Fecking cunt of a Spanish referee gave Italy a free kick that absolutely was NOT a free kick. If not we would have had a draw and waited until Wednesday, and the Croatia v France match, to see if we'd qualified or not.

Anyway we can hold our heads high. No one gave us a chance of challenging in that group, but we did, and beat France twice on the way.

_44246005_girlspa220x300.jpg

A couple of wee bonnie lassies outside Hampden before the key Euro 2008 qualifier.

_44246008_partypair416x300.jpg

These men in blue and white knew that Scotland needed a win to progress through to next year's championships.

_44246009_rodstewartpa220x300.jpg

Rocker Rod Stewart took his place among the Hampden faithful, hoping for a historic victory.

_44246010_scotitalyfasn416x300.jpg

Before the big kick off, one Scotland fan made friends with an Italian supporter.

_44246003_brownsalmondpa416x300.jpg

Political rivals Alex Salmond, Scotland's First Minister, and Gordon Brown, UK Prime Minister, stood as one in support of Scotland.

_44246006_harryscott220x300.jpg

Young Harry Scott from East Kilbride couldn't contain his excitement when Scotland's Barry Ferguson blasted in the equaliser.

_44246002_tensionfanspa416x300.jpg

Tensions began to rise for fans watching in pubs and clubs as time marched on and chances were missed.

_44246004_fandisappointpa416x300.jpg

Despite a valiant fight, a last minute goal from Italy's Christian Panucci killed Scotland's dream of going all the way.

_44246007_mcfaddenpa416x300.jpg

Scotland's James McFadden, who had been a hero during other qualifying games, quietly gestured his thanks to the roaring Hampden crowd.

If not we would have had a draw and waited until Wednesday, and the Croatia v France match, to see if we'd qualified or not.

This is encouraging, Croatia have to play England and France at the same time. This will stretch their squad and give us a BIGGG advantage :thumbup:

Archived