"Pulmonary Infiltration - Suspect Pulmonary TB"

David99UK

"Pulmonary Infiltration - Suspect Pulmonary TB"

Just got this Diagnosis from Bumrungrad Hospital, (in writing) for the wife.

After Googling "Pulmonary TB" I became somewhat concerned........after Googling "Pulmonary Infiltration" half of me is hoping the cause is TB :( ........of course TB fooks her up for a Settlement Visa to the UK for a Good 6 months (Ebola, Aids and Typhus would have been ok :surprised: )

Regular readers will recall mention of her being a smackhead for the thick end of a decade - so no great surprise this hasn't exactly improved her general health......the phrase "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is unfortunately not always true.....but then again it is maybe a minor miracle she did not die long ago like many of her contemporaries.........or pick up one of the nastier "Industrial Injuries" / "lifestyle Diseases".

Around June time she signed back up for an NGO being a Health Care Assistant, at which time she had a compulsory X ray for TB, which she "passed"......but of course her job involved contact with folk with all kinds of diseases, probably from Anthrax to Zits on the Arse :shocked:

But I suspect she had TB long before and that it had gone dormant / was in remission (does it do that??) as in the past few years she had a lung drained twice (last time very early this year), plus various courses of pills at a variety of Thai Hospitals - from 30B, plus meds to "good for Thai"......all of them said "No have TB", "No have TB" - "have some meds"......or at least that is what the Missus said / beleived. Me, I took her at her word - probably cos' I wanted it to be true and she always seemed to "get better" (but I have now learnt that "now I ok" does not mean she is 100% or even 50% good) ........until the next time - plus I figured given her past their would no doubt be a few health issues now and again from having aged her body on the inside by 20 years......

But this time she got sent off to Bumrungrad for a look at everything. After 3 trips over the last couple of weeks for various Tests / X rays / pills this is the diagnosis she has been given and is now on "antiTB medicine", back next week for another looksee at her and more / new pills and a possible "Bronchoscopy Examination - if neccesary"......not entirely sure what this is......

Once the Doc had heardher history and medical history he suspected TB and started her on pills a couple of weeks ago whilst waiting for all the tests to be completed. She has put on a couple of KG's in the last week, which I am taking as a good sign......and I figure next week the Doc will hopefully know for sure if it is TB he is dealing with and then will prescribe the treatment.......6 months of Meds?

Probably should have stuck this in Relationships.......... :shocked: :smirk:

2nd opinion?.....BNH is on my list - but to be fair I think a little bit too early for that, not confirmed the diagnosis yet - plus I am not 100% sure at the moment exactly what tests they have done.......or exactly what the plan is / how she gets on.

But I think I should really have started this process / got a bit more involved a good while back........ :(

Archived