Entertainment Zones

Thaistyx

High season is right around the corner. Has anyone heard when these "entertainment zones" go into effect? These so-called zones would be allowed to open till 5AM providing "adult entertainment".

Is it true that Pattaya is allowing some establishments to operate beyond 2AM? I'm an insomniac and can't sleep till dawn breaks.

Yes, Khun Thaistyx.....in a recent article relating to Pattaya's closing time from the Pattaya Mail.

Zoned areas could remain open until 4 a.m.

Expect ratification soon

While many of the local population involved in the entertainment industry have been dismayed at the government’s strict application of the 2 a.m. closing time, not all officials are sitting around doing nothing. Chanyut Hengtrakul, of the Chart Thai party and the advisor to the Minister of Science, Technology and Environment has been outspoken and forthright in his fight for Pattaya’s future. “The entertainment closure of 2 a.m. is a big problem for us. I don’t agree with the policy. I have reported this to the Prime Minister myself,” he said in an exclusive interview with Pattaya Mail last week.

Chanyut Hengtrakul

Chanyut Hengtrakul also is of the opinion that the zoning, which excludes entertainment areas within 100 metres of temples and schools, is the key. There has been some thoughts that the zoning procedure is still ongoing, but Chanyut disagrees. “The zoning has been done,” he said. He stated that following acceptance by the government, a new law will be promulgated to allow the zoned areas of Pattaya to remain open until 4 a.m. He says that Pattaya should just be patient for a short while, as he fully expects that next month the new times will be ratified.

This news will come none too soon for many bar owners, who have been worried that with a decrease in tourism caused by the World Trade Center/Afghanistan crisis and then an early closing as well would spell the death knell for their businesses in Pattaya.

laugh.gif" border="0

Archived