Cost of building house in Isaan?

t-ride

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you checked the Price of building materials lately???????

Don't want a "Slinging match".....but things just ain't as cheap as they once were!!!!

... The wife spent a quarter of "A Big one", just buying fittings for the 2 bathrooms

a sister of my wife made a 2-room house this year - 300'000 Baht including farang toilet and glasses on windows etc.

joeed ,

I am an experienced remote control property developer , Northern provinces . I am in fact currently building again ; or Nok , that is . I did ask her this very moment how much we spent so far and she tortured her brain til she started glowing only to confirm " I forget " .

From wat I can recall the total cost should be around 600.000 for what I think is a decent property . The unit has 3 rooms , stands on concrete and shows two frontal greek pillars , Acropolis style . No de luxe , but decent . More you should not spend .

BuBi

Half a million baht to western standard for a house in LOS will result in something that is O.K. By Thai standards it will be good. 500K for the house is one thing, Like building here in Aus the house is the base cost, then you start adding, driveways, fences, air, partys.

Not sure where you are building and what the inlaws are like but if it is anything like the house I built in LOS, my father in law did the round up of local buillders and anyone else who was'nt growing rice at the time and got them drinking- err, I mean working.

If its any consolation I just blew baht eqivilent 500,000 just on a retaining wall here in Oz a couple of weeks ago.

Seing as it's not for yourself things should'nt be so bad. I on the other hand love building wether it's here in Aus or in LOS, I put too much of myself into it and in either country get let down. I think in Thailand moreso but dollars and cents wer'nt so much of an issue.

Have fun, get involved!

FA.

Have you checked the Price of building materials lately???????

Building materials are f'in expensive. Those who build a house several years before would be shocked to find out the prices lately. My wife build a raised two bedroom house, finished in August, and it cost us 1 million baht. I figure that if you build it on the ground, don't instal hot and cold water, use grade b materials, it should be possible for around 500,000.

soongmak,

agree things are geting quite expensive c/f a few years ago.

I haven't even seen "Our" house since it was started....somehow I haven't managed to get upcountry recently....lol..

We will have 4 bedrooms (all with built in robes) and a bathroom (with western bath tub & toilet)upstairs

Downstairs: Western Kitchen / Dining, Lounge / Living, Study / Office, Bathroom and garage

Do not know what the final cost will be....but it's sure adding up!!!

Cheers DS

a sister of my wife made a 2-room house this year - 300'000 Baht including farang toilet and [color:red]glasses on windows[/color] etc.

Were those near or farsighted windows? And an optician that makes house calls, too!

[sorry - couldn't resist]

Archived