Weird/frightening immigration experience

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/customer/redress/index.shtm

Be thankful the other dude with your name was only wanted for something like child support - it can get nasty if your name matches an alias used by a suspected terrorist. This shit will just keep happening because no politician has the balls to tear it down on the off chance they take the fall if something is done by someone who should have been caught by this bogus system (along with the tens of thousands of false positives they will certainly get a real hit through dumb luck if nothing else).

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems to be a program for domestic departures, not international arrivals. I don't see the use. And it will do nothing about my real problem: other countries (if in fact they share info).

I'm gonna do a Canadian border run in the next few days and see what happens.

Regards,

SD

Everyone get ready to send Suadum some ciggies and cookies as he will be in the slammer...I hope NOT!

Being USA is free, I could sent him some Cuban cigars. [LOL]

I got this gut feeling that the Fatherland's Homeland Security is going to acquire more power and may step forth to handle situations now handled by our Homeland's police. Can you imagine court buildings, government buildings, schools, etc. being secured by Homeland Security? Homeland Security might be used to make sure all weapons are taken away from the civilian populace.

Cool. Thanks for that. I have emailed my Congress-critters as well.

Cheers,

SD

It might be a good idea to fill out the form and send copies, with a cover letter, to your Congressman and Senator.

I always make a contribution to my politicians. It shows you are not just a constituent but a sponsor.

They can help by having staff write a letter. It costs them nothing and gets them a steady voter and contributor.

You shouldn't have to be pushed around like that.

I would follow up, if I were you. There's nothing to lose.

I would follow up, if I were you. There's nothing to lose.

I am of the parinoid type that says if you bitch about it then you really are on the "shit list"

You have no protection in the now secret society we live in , where everything can be done in the name of Homeland Security,

Good Luck SD , but I think your comgressman has little pull over Homeland Security :(

OC

It seems to be a program for domestic departures' date=' not international arrivals. I don't see the use. And it will do nothing about my real problem: other countries (if in fact they share info).

I'm gonna do a Canadian border run in the next few days and see what happens.

Regards,

SD[/quote']

Everyone get ready to send Suadum some ciggies and cookies as he will be in the slammer...I hope NOT!

Be sure to send extra for his new "friend" :hubba: :o he is sharing his cell with

I would follow up' date=' if I were you. There's nothing to lose.

[/quote']

I am of the parinoid type that says if you bitch about it then you really are on the "shit list"

You have no protection in the now secret society we live in , where everything can be done in the name of Homeland Security,

Good Luck SD , but I think your comgressman has little pull over Homeland Security :(

OC

I agree, up to a point. But if you keep getting hassled for BS, than what have you to lose?

I'm not afraid to stand up to the authorities and if I had 2 incidences in a row, I would take names of the personnel and their supervisors and take it all the way.

I'm not going to fear these people when I've done nothing wrong. It's better to face it dead on and bring it to a head.

Congressmen and women have a lot more power than you think and can resolve problems on a high level.

I pay and have paid too much taxes and served in the military enough to be a citizen who will not cower in fear of these fools.

I'm not intimidated and if I had to bring a lawsuit, I would.

I write a letter to the proper authorities in a New York minute!

Last hassle, United Air and a f..'d up five hour delay...wrote the bitch letter and two weeks later got a coupon for $150 off my next air ticket...so it does work in some form.

Give 'em hell and damn the torpedoes!!! :mad:

Yes. We don't need groups or gangs. We just need to stand up for ourselves and they'll back off.

maybe United airlines will back off

but not Homeland Security, they have a mission to save us from the bad guys , and damn it they are going to do it no matter who they piss off :(

OC

Archived