Weird/frightening immigration experience

Hopefully they will catch this guy sometime soon and it may no longer be an issue. Assuming, that is, that they erase SD's name from the system.

Those immigration officials at US airports are absolute twats of the highest order though. I vowed never to set foot in the US after my last trip where I was singled out for a special security check and I will keep that vow sacred even if it interferes with my job, which it does.

I had an incident at JFK immigration a few years back where I was questioned as to why I had Iranian, Pakistani, Indian and UAE visa's in my passport.

I now have a new passport and thankfully the visa's are no longer an issue but the look on the immigation guy's face after he swiped my passport, told me that my name was on the computer and that I would get hassled whenever I went back to the US, so I won't, simple as that.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mekong,

Think I read somewhere that less than 20 something % of "Septics" ever travel overseas so maybe "Bad Boy Bubby" doesn't even have a Passport????

I dunno but I'm sticking to my story of not knowing Suadum Smith.... I've watched those propaganda movies....Don't want those pricks to torture Me!!!

If I want ..."Pain"..I'm quite well prepared to..... PAY for it!!!....LOL...

But...prefer... Women in Black....to ...Men in Black

Cheers (Not so) DC

I think it is easy to say that an immigration officer would be prudent to check all "SuaDum Smiths" entering the US, if doing so will help catch a kidnapper.

What is inexcusable are the Gestapo interrogation tactics, and the inability of the "system" to subsequently tag an individual, with a unique passport number, as no longer being a suspect.

Homeland Security is Immigration.

There is a 2 page form you can download from the HSA website. You fill it in with the details of what is going on, mail it and presumably they will straighten it out.

I was going to complain about something, via that form, but I don't get hassled all the time.

I make my home city my port of entry, when possible. Gives me more confidence, if they get rude.

90% percent of the time, TSA riffles thru my luggage and usually something is later found missing or broken.

This time I took pictures, sent emails and letters to complain.

They responded with forms for me to fill out.

OK, I will jump thru their hoops and see what happens.

Has a nice chat with a fella in the texas a few weeks back and he was working for FEMA, which is under HSA.

He said it is completely out of control.

The good ol' boys club at HSA all start their jobs at a minimum of GS15...this is like starting out as the VP of a company straight out of school.

He also said that all the agencies under HSA must give like 20% of their budget to fund HSA, which is now a huge cash cow!

He also said and I quote, "...Hitler could not have setup a better and more brutal Nazi organization then what HSA has become...".

He is about to retire and get out as it is completely f'upped!!!

It seems to be a program for domestic departures, not international arrivals. I don't see the use. And it will do nothing about my real problem: other countries (if in fact they share info).

I'm gonna do a Canadian border run in the next few days and see what happens.

Regards,

SD

I was in Amsterdam this morning and they have an eye scan for frequent travelers ,

Not sure if you have to "renew" your eye scan every year ,

I had an easy time today at LAX , but you never can be sure ,

we are prisioners anymore in our own country with these thugs

OC

back in OC

Archived