How are things in Patong

Not to beat this subject to death:

but on reading back on all the posts, seems the consencus is that patong is now more expensive than b4,or bkk or pattaya.

I have to point out, the past few years I pretty much just go to the same haunts in patong, so I may not really have much to compair it to. ( have not been to pattaya for about 2 years)

Just that, the places I do go seem the same

( same fun, same cost, and same B.S. too).

that said, I think I really should check out a few more places just to be up to date with my info.

I don't care for the larger places, be it hotels like adaman, holiday inn, or even restraunts like savoy seafood. ( all good places, but not for me)

Although I can afford anyplace I want to go, I find the more "humble" places are better, more fun, good service, ect.

I bet most of the others ( been there/done that crowd) would agree with me.

gromit:

"if I'm still in a bar at 2am then she needs to be strong, she will probably

have to carry me!"

usually, take 2 or more to carry me, but I tend to wake up once back in the room. smile.gif" border="0

• 9 years later...

Not to beat this subject to death: <P>but on reading back on all the posts, seems the consencus is that patong is now more expensive than b4,or bkk or pattaya.<P>I have to point out, the past few years I pretty much just go to the same haunts in patong, so I may not really have much to compair it to. ( have not been to pattaya for about 2 years)<P>Just that, the places I do go seem the same<BR>( same fun, same cost, and same B.S. too).<P>that said, I think I really should check out a few more places just to be up to date with my info.<P>I don't care for the larger places, be it hotels like adaman, holiday inn, or even restraunts like savoy seafood. ( all good places, but not for me)<P>Although I can afford anyplace I want to go, I find the more "humble" places are better, more fun, good service, ect.<P><BR>I bet most of the others ( been there/done that crowd) would agree with me.<P><BR>gromit:<P>"if I'm still in a bar at 2am then she needs to be strong, she will probably<BR> have to carry me!"<P>usually, take 2 or more to carry me, but I tend to wake up once back in the room. smile.gif" border="0

i'll wrie an update when i get there next week.

i have no experience of pattaya pricing and little of bangkok prices but bangkok seemed on a par with phuket.

obviously some places in either local will vary in what they charge.

last year i was drinking mainly in a bar off suk and paid 100bt for a beer and i took the same girl 3 nights running for 2000bt.

rarely delved into nana or cowboy but i did'nt really notice any vast increase in prices.

in patong i was still paying 100bt for a beer and i paid a girl(she was with me for 9 nights) 1500bt per night/day for her company.

yes many bars cost more and many cost less,it depends on the owner what they charge and if i did'nt like the pricing then i never returned.

i have rarely used the motorbikes and tuk-tuks to get around as i have never stayed more then 10 minutes walk from bangla.

but on occasions i did get a motorbike it was a fixed fee within patong and while expensive for a short trip not so bad if you face a long walk after a night out.

but my gal had a motorbike and rarely drank so i just about always had a free lift anywhere during the day and during the night we either walked or on occasion got a motorbike.

but phuket IS more expensive now due to the poor exchange rate between thailand and the uk.

1000bt is now just over £20 while in earlier years i was getting almost £30 for every 1000bt but that's life.

i know what is acceptable pricing and walk away if i think the restaurant pricing is too much because i know where i can get better prices at places i know,but it's nice to try new places once in a while.

and if i'm asked for more than 2000bt by a girl then i just smile and walk away.

but i have left the dangerous days of butterflying behind me and i tend to see 2-3 girls on a visit.

i'm quite content to have someone for 3-4 days if she is good company and satisfies me in other ways.

i'll wrie an update when i get there next week.

i have no experience of pattaya pricing and little of bangkok prices but bangkok seemed on a par with phuket.

obviously some places in either local will vary in what they charge.

last year i was drinking mainly in a bar off suk and paid 100bt for a beer and i took the same girl 3 nights running for 2000bt.

rarely delved into nana or cowboy but i did'nt really notice any vast increase in prices.

in patong i was still paying 100bt for a beer and i paid a girl(she was with me for 9 nights) 1500bt per night/day for her company.

yes many bars cost more and many cost less,it depends on the owner what they charge and if i did'nt like the pricing then i never returned.

i have rarely used the motorbikes and tuk-tuks to get around as i have never stayed more then 10 minutes walk from bangla.

but on occasions i did get a motorbike it was a fixed fee within patong and while expensive for a short trip not so bad if you face a long walk after a night out.

but my gal had a motorbike and rarely drank so i just about always had a free lift anywhere during the day and during the night we either walked or on occasion got a motorbike.

but phuket IS more expensive now due to the poor exchange rate between thailand and the uk.

1000bt is now just over £20 while in earlier years i was getting almost £30 for every 1000bt but that's life.

i know what is acceptable pricing and walk away if i think the restaurant pricing is too much because i know where i can get better prices at places i know,but it's nice to try new places once in a while.

and if i'm asked for more than 2000bt by a girl then i just smile and walk away.

but i have left the dangerous days of butterflying behind me and i tend to see 2-3 girls on a visit.

i'm quite content to have someone for 3-4 days if she is good company and satisfies me in other ways.

Buddy of mine went to Patong two years ago and he stated emphatically he hated it.

Crap i hate it when i hit the wrong reply button.... :banghead:

it's like anywhere in the world,you like a place/hate a place or are indifferent.

i spent 3 days in bangkok on my 1st visit as a newbie on the way to phuket and i did'nt understand the place at all.

i know i was ripped off on at least 3 occasions and i now know better.

i loved phuket when i got there as it was more relaxed than bangkok and seemed much cleaner.

it had a beach and everything was within easy reach and i found it so soothing.

i made friends and after 11 years i still go and see them and have a drink/meal with them.

it was another 5 years before i bothered to visit bangkok as i prefer to go straight to phuket.

but time and progress invariably change things and sometimes not in a better way.... :nono:

patong beach has changed so much and not for the better imo.

but the thais decided to make it into much more of a family orientated resort and that's their right.

i miss the open air markets and being able to do my own thing without being hassled by hustlers and time-share people.

and there are many more pushy girls then years ago which is a turn-off for me.

but i know where to go for a quite time during the busiest hours of the night if i want.

i don't get hassled in my regular haunts as someone who i know(mamasan/dek serve)will make it known to the girls to leave me alone until i show interest in someone.

i'm sociable but when i want a quiet night i know where to go.

the ladyboy population of patong massively risen and while i have no problem with them i just find them much more aggresive then the girls.

but i like that bangla rd ic traffic-free after sunset,much better.

and i like the fact that it seems much more family-orientated then before.

a lot of couples and families with children around enjoying themselves,it's not all about drinking and sex.

i still enjoy the place even though many changes as i still find it realxing and many things to do during the day.

and i look forward to next week when i will be chilling out for 2 weeks and seeing old friends and having a good time.

Archived