Steak Tonight - where?

CTO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neils looks like a fairly standard venue...and stupidly pricy....i've had Kobe steaks for a third of the price they list...don't recall the name, but some Japanese place in Siam sq. It was nice enough! And charging close on 200 baht for a mussel dish, when you can get mussel dishes for a quarter that in LOS, seems to me like a cynical ripoff....and to be honest i'm not impressed by imported (therefore not fresh) fish...and the wine list is very average and way overpriced, for what it is...i'm sure the steaks are great (at those prices they should be) but it's pretty difficult to screw up a steak.

I agree. Food's good there, but the ambiance is not worth a huge premium IMHO.

Try Le Banyan. The gal & I had most excellent steaks there a couple of weeks ago and the setting is quite nice.

That said, my favs for a "normal" (i.e., not special occasion; not looking to impress) were already mentioned by CTO: Livingstones (sit by the pool :up: ) and Tenderlions. Consistantly good quality and service, not too expensive.

Cheers,

SD

well turns out the friend "knew" where he wanted to eat, downstairs at Landmark, nice enough except for smokers all around :(

Good steak for 750 ++ Australian Tenderloin, mound of mash potatoes, and two for one red wine.

Company was far better than the food, nice to catch up and gossip about old friends, and bonus I got a 1000 baht discount using my long forgotten Landmark card which expires in December.

THANKS, I think Livingstones next time, followed by Tenderloins.

A old friend had a art book published and I also was given three copies, nice book, photography, arty, gay, but dam good if any one wants to pop over and visit and see sometime.

Archived