Monthly allowance for TGF

BUDDY3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I can lay my cards out on the table.. It will be interesting to get some outside views on the choices of my life... :o

Yes in Bangkok.

Why you ask? Because she was working 2 jobs before, and getting 3-5 hours of sleep a day. She knew I did not like that(because it is not healthy for her and I told her so, she should get 8 hours of sleep a day) and quit one of her jobs.

She was going to change apartments to cut expenses since she only had 1 job but then she'd have to travel a long distance too, so I told her I would cover the apartment.

This was after we had been together for a year.

And no, she is not a p4p tg. I was introduced to her by a thai friend.

loaned" gets quote marks because when you loan money to a thai--even if you ARE a thai--you know that you will NEVER see it paid back, no fucking way...Thais being some of the most untrustworthy, thieving bastards on the face of the planet when it comes to money...).

The "thieving bastards" comment is a bit much, but Thailand has a tremendously high level of non performing debt to this day. I think much of this structural. Try foreclosing on a property here - the legal structure here is impossible on these sorts of matter. (For an example, see the shell of a building at the Nana BTS station - been there for years.) But I also think the weak legal structure has influenced the culture (the moral hazard), and vice versa.

I agree...that comment was a bit too much, I retract. It's just that in my experience...e.g. "loaning" money to my then-girlfriend's brother, seeing generous, good-hearted Thai girls loan money to their friends and family, and several good-hearted (if a bit daft) farang friends loaning considerable sums to Thais...it usually most decidedly does NOT get paid back.

And because of the general Thai trait--this one in no way will I retract--of not accepting responsibility for one's actions, the non-payment is pretty much unapologetic and not thought of as wrong (just the way it's the norm for the driver of a car who hits someone to speed off without thinking twice, etc.).

preahko

Archived