Monthly allowance for TGF

BUDDY3

Up country, 10 K Baht is more then plenty!

Electric, 2000 with air-con.

w/o air-con, 1000 is enough.

Water (maybe they have a well?), 200.

Phone, if they have a land line, 150.

If she has a cell phone, keep her on a lease, 500 per month.

Food, 100 per day = 3000.

10K baht gives her about 5000 baht a month to piss around on.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK !! Thanks guys for the replys, more than a few had me lol, This seems a real sensitive subject !! IMHO Everybody with a TW/TGG/TBG whatever!is contributing in sum way financially. It's man's destiny to pay for the female of the species. Where did we meet??? She was working Head Girl cosmetics at large Dept store BKK , I am in The Big Mango for 2 years working but will be leaving end of year.My sweety quit her job 2 month ago to go home to care for her mum in the last stages of cancer (I was there with her when she passed away)I was not asked for any money then or now.The family are not poor. not rich they are ok. Now my girl's dad is struggling with the loss of his wife.To see the Thais caring for one of their own in the last stages of life was a privilage. Why can't we be more like that? My girl would like to stay home for a few months to care for her dad, She has not asked for my help. I offered it . I WANT to help her.

YEH !!! I do have the hidden agenda of "binning her there" while I decide what future/if any we have.

Don't we all keep our options open in LOS ?? The moneys not a problem I'm on expat salary with most things provided. Before I meet my girl was getting through 10-15k at NEP every week.As to wether she has any other sponser/boyfriend/husband etc etc HTF do you ever know ?? Iknow wot it cost to live "upcountry" 3.5k a month would about do it living with family. But going to give her 10k and see wot she does with it.

There is a RED FLAG in that not many of her extended family are working.sum are sum are not, they all look pretty healthy to me so we will see.

As before any advice welcome.

Never really sure why people ask for advice about this type of issue as most of the time they have already made up their mind what they are going to do. Perhaps they use the board as a logic or stupidity indicator. Anyway there money not mine. The girl survived before you came along so why will she not survive without your financial assistance? I sometimes think the GTGs are so much better at pulling sponsors than the BGs. I just stick to my rule. Why pay rent on a house you don't live in?

Thanks for the replys guys including all those who"took the piss" Thanks Fiery Jack, I did enjoy your piece.Been living and working SEA for 20+ years.So Yeh got the T/Shirt

Guess my OP was a bit naieve, Was a quite day here in the office and i had bugger all to do. How many days like that in Thailand ? (Another Topic/another Day)I asked the question because the GTG ??? who work here with me often talk about how much their Western(I don't like the F word)Boyfriends give/send to them.

Allowing for sum BS/Face saving, sum crazy amounts are talked off.And these girls are all making good money. I've met sum of these guys socially and they deny sending anything. WHY???? TIT.

My Girl was making 10K Month plus bonus before and a lot of that sent back to family. TIT again.I'm serious about this one after 2 years of "sampling" in the Big Mango. I hesitate to say she is "Different" cause off flak that would come my way. Lets just say she is a "keeper"

I'm off to Sgn in Dec and thinkin about taking her with me.

I would still like to know from anyone honest enuff to fess up how much they give their Girl.

Feel free to "Take The Piss" again.

OK, fine. Back when I wuz married to a Bangkok Chinese GTG, I gave her B120k/month. She had to pay the townhouse note of B35k, the car note of B19k/month, our two kids school fees of B10k/mo/ea, plus all the household expenses (maid/nanny/driver/gardener/food/utilities/etc). She never complained of not having enough to happily piss away in Peninsula and Emporium each month... For other reasons, we're divorced now for several years, after being married for far more than a decade.

The new (Chinese-Thai, of course) GF? I just paid her Uni bill of B42k. She was very combatant about that, but I felt it 'the thing to do' and "won" in the end. She doesn't want money. Just my time. And *that's* harder than giving her an allowance...

Cheers,

SD

Archived