Another Bad Immigration Experience

MooNoi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I used to get the full questioning and search of luggage everytime I returned from LOS to SFO for about the first 5 trips over a space of two years. Of course, they never found anything to interest them. Then they started letting me through without searching.

The last three trips I have entered the US through Honolulu. The first time, my bag was opened and a very cursory search was performed. Search was so cursory he probably wouldn't have found anything if there had been anything to find. The last two times, through Honolulu, I was just asked a question or two and then waved through in a cheerful manner with a "welcome home" without having to open anything, although the bags might have been passed through an x-ray machine, not sure about that. That was definitely a more pleasant arrival experience. Perhaps it is partly because in general there is a more laid back attitude in Hawaii.

Oh, also, on that last trip I had one checked unlocked bag and two carryon's including a laptop and camera.

Archived