Gullit coach for LA Galaxy

limbo

The first 'big name' manager for the MLS. Slowly but slowly the MLS are building a league. I would expect to see other managers and players from europe coming in the future. These may those who are past their 'sell by' date initially but later on I think they'll go for a name that is in their prime.

limbo, he's failed at management repeatedly. He'll probably fail at LA Galaxy. I wouldn't want him in charge of our national team as well. He is a name, not a good one, but a name nonetheless and its part of a long process of getting known football men to come to the league. He may get lucky and be successful who knows, but it will be easier to get other players to come to MLS with a recognized name than some homegrown manager who no one knows anything about. Also, managing in the MLS isn't going to be as hard as managing Feyenoord. He may have gotten promoted down to his level of competency....lol.

He adds a wee bit more legitimacy to the league.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope for Ruud's sake that he will be doing better than with Feyenoord. He is a sympathetic fellow, so I wish him all the best. I have little hope though.

Then again for the MLS it will be a good thing probably.

Now if only Feyenoord keeps doing well this season. We earned it after all these years.

Waerth

Archived