EURO 2008 !

Mentors

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Zaad' date='

One thing's for sure, if we get through this group, what should stop us from reaching the finals?[/quote']

With IF written in capital letters. But that surely is the positive side of this draw for the Netherlands.

Another positive side is we get to play some nice opening games and if we do not progress we do not have to be totally ashamed of ourselves .... you see we got an excuse already :)

Waerth

Well, to be honest, I'm sure France and Italy aren't happy either to be drawn with Holland. Besides, Holland aren't playing anywhere near their full potential, but they've qualified anyhow. Let's just hope that v. Basten sticks to a system that fits the team best and stops fooling around with different players and tactics. Holland have enough qualitiy to be arrogant and play to their own strengths regardless the opponent... unless they're facing Portugal :beer:

The problem of the Dutch squad has never been lack of talent. There has always been enough talent since 1988 to win any cup.

The problem is the mentality of the Dutch .... it is a miracle the Netherlands as a country exists and not all cities are independent city states.

If a Dutch team can overcome their mentality they can beat the shit out of any side any day. I have no doubts about that. We just need a team to overcome themselves and show this.

Waerth

And each player needs to take his head out of the coaches arse and the current coach needs to somehow get this squad to play.

Hopefully RvP will be fit in and during the summer.

Zaad, even Portugal won't be able to stop us than, unless they do it in their cheeky 'fair' Portuguese way. Is that cnut Figo still allowed to enter a pitch?

Limbo,

I hope we have left that cheeky 'fair' way behind us. Chapter closed!

Btw, you asked about Figo, he broke his leg few weeks ago, but is recovering and intends to take a few ballet classes in order to be in tiptop shape for the tournament :devil:

yes, i think jose carreras should have been in the first pot.

with eliana burki perhaps in the third?

now england may be drawn with the vienna boys choir, which is clearly a joke, right?!

who designed these pots anyways? some gay liechtenstein potter queen? bah! what happened to the days of real, manly earthenware pots out of which you could draw some real crowdpleasers like ali vs frazier??!

Archived