New Member Coming to BKK

strike1

Ignore any remarks about the Nana Hotel that may on the surface appear dyslogistic.

This is a fine modern hotel with pool 24 hour restaurant and free buffet breakfast. And it is centrally located.

If your budget is unlimited, well, then the Marriott next door or the Landmark up the street are good choices.

And, lest I forget, at reception, you are provided a coupon for one free drink in the bar. Now, that is class!

I always choose the Mai Tai!

:wave:

If you want a place in the heart of lower Sukhumvit (near Nana, Soi Cowboy, Washington Square, subway access to Rachada MP's, then the three best (and priciest) GF hotels are the the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, the Westin Grande, and the JW Marriott. Each will be in the $150-$200 per night range.

BTW, you will always get one of the three if you bid on a five-star on priceline in the Sukhumvit region. For tips of using priceline, see bidding for travel

Here we go again with the "Nana Hotel â?? just right or just shite?" routine. As always, it does the job for me, no sweat.

As I wrote so beautifully about 2 months ago in a thead about Park Hotel vs. "Right or Shite" Nana...

"Me go wit but me no like Alab man. Him sumell bad, stay Park Hotel hab mouse in him loom." (Heard from a bargirl outside the Soi 7/11 this March.)

I stayed there 2 years ago. It was shit. Surly staff. Not guest friendly. Breakfast not as good as at Nana Hotel. No f*cking towels (or staff member in charge) by the pool so, after asking for one about three times from staff breezing past who never returned, :mad: I had to walk into reception dripping wet and stand there in my trunks at the counter with sopping wet hair, my pot belly hanging out and my cock shrivelling up in the sub-arctic air conditioning (while a bemused Arab family of seventeen tried to check in) for at least 5 minutes until some bewildered overworked maid finally brought me a towel. :cussing:

And, yes, it was full of Arabs. Nothing wrong with that, as far as I'm concerned, like. They seem friendly enough, and quieter than your average European sex tourist :doah:

But the staff were rude unhelpful supercillious c*nts and there was no way you could sneak a bird into your room without being collared for a joiner fee (the sole elevator is slap bang in front of the front desk). :(

Yup, that was in 2005 (so apologies for cloggin up the thread, mate). But I would also be interested to know if things have improved. Nana Hotel seems like a much better option to me, if all you're interested in is

a) good location re. pussy hunting and boozing :beer:

B) no problems or dirty looks when you're fetching tarts back to your room :hubba: or staggering round the lobby pished at midday :drunk:

c) decent breakfast that you can crawl down for still half-blootered :drunk: with a freshly-shagged strumpet on your arm :hubba: at five to eleven :sleeping: and no one bats an eyelid (because half of them are in the same state) :hug:

d) friendly staff who know exactly what you're up to in BKK :smirk: but couldn't give a flying f*ck :up:

jack :help:

Yup. Nana for me, every time. :drunk:

jack :help:

Archived