Are You Cheering for the NE Pats?

Steve

Of course, I'm cheering for the Pats. Went to my first game at Schaefer Stadium in 1971 (before the plumbing problems were fixed and the toilets were always overflowing). I stuck with them through a lot of lean seasons and I'm really enjoying this decade. Great to see them handily beat the Steelers, again.

I've followed the NFL for over 40 years and have seen every Super Bowl but one. For now, I will just say I have not seen a team this good (or as fun to watch) since the 1989 49ers and I say this objectively not as a Pats' fan. I don't dare mention the possibilities ahead for fear of jinxing them. !! GO PATS !!

The way the game has changed, its nearly impossible to have dynasties anylonger. At least after the early '90s when the Niners and Cowboys ruled. The Pats have pretty much ruled for close to a decade now. And to me this is a harder feat than when the prior teams that had dynasties did it because its much harder to retain good players nowadays and the parity that the rules try to bring to the game.

Archived