Small Town Issan Question

fudgyMcPacker

I'm planning my trip to the NE and know that I am going to be able to get laid in the provincal capital cities that I pass through. But I plan also to spend nights in smaller places, such as Akat Anuni, Ban Dung, Wang Sam Mo, Rasi Salai, Khuk Han..., you get the point. And in smaller places such as these, is there something that I should be looking for (red lights?) or should I just look more forward to my night in Udon? Thanks

I doubt the tiny village brothels can 'afford' to advertise in bright red screaming neon, but if you head to the 'usual suspects' of going for a massage at *any* hotel near the bus/train station then you're set initially.

There onwards you can become as *local* as you need ;)

Enjoy!

Julian,

As I am sitting here in Ireland planning out my trip those are just cities that sort of worked in pretty well on my planned route. Of the places that I mentioned the only one that I have passed through in the past is Rasi Salai (NE of Si Sa Ket).

As for the attraction of the place, thats a hard one. Mostly I'd say its a desire of mine to get off the tourist track completely, added with the fact that I have always found the NE a rather easy going and pleasant place to pass through.

And the reasoning behind the question is that although I enjoy it up there, I still enjoy banging chicks. If I could get enough up there I wouldn't feel as if I was squandering my vacation walking the lonely streets of Rasi Salai, when I could be walking in to the CP2 instead.

While visiting such establishments, especially near the Laos border, be aware that many of the workers will be Laos, illegal immigrants, possibly indentured (Sold by a relative and not there by choice) and often underage, sometimes as young as 15 or 16. The first 3 factors may not be an issue, the last one could end you in jail.

Having said all that, can you give me a exact description of the location of the Loei establishment?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived