Petrino Leaves Atlanta for Arkansas...LOL !

Hugh_Hoy

So Petrino couldn't finish out the season in Atlanta. Probably saw the handwritting on the wall. He'd have probably gotten fired. So, the Razorbacks pick up this loser. Yeah...LOSER ! What's the old saying,"A winner never quits, and a quitter never wins"? Sounds like a class guy. Spends about 10 seconds in a staff meeting where he tells his coaches he's leaving to accept the Arkansas job. Then walks out and doesn't even address his team. Gotta love him :thumbdown:

HH

I doubt he would have gotten fired , with the Vick fiascal , injuries and also in the first year of a 5 year contract. But he did bolt from Louisville to Hotlanta after the first year of a 10 year extension. Now 5 years at piggy-piggy U , that's alot of contract signings.... :wave:

Bada :beer: Bing

3 contracts in 18 months. Don't think it will help his recruiting any. On the otherhand, doubt if anybody would touch him (pros or uni) if he doesn't finish out this agreement.

Yeah, he still had a looooooooooong way to go with Atlanta (as far as a contract is concerned). That said, I heard parts of a news conference put on by the Falcons today. Don't know if it was John McKay, but one of the honchos, as I read between the lines, may have implied that another year on the field like this one and Petrino might have been shown the door. A lot of stuff certainly wasn't the fault of Petrino. But honesty and integrity are personal issues. He has a lot of personal "baggage" right now.

HH

I'm glad to have the guy, but I probably would have been happy to have anybody over Nutt.

As for recruiting, the #2 prospect in state wouldn't give Nutt the time of day. Yesterday he committed to the Hogs after receiving offers from Alabama, LSU and Oregon (among others). The #1 prospect who had previously verbally committed to USC has now re-opened his recruiting and says the Petrino hire has put the Hogs very much in the running. One of Michigan's QBs who is from Arkansas is now considering transferring because the new coach (Rodriguez) runs an offense that requires a totally different type of QB.

Funny how the media is blasting the guy for giving up with three games to go. I don't recall a bunch of outrage when the same owner fired Dan Reeves a few years ago with about the same amount of time left in the season. I wonder if Rodriguez is going to get slammed for walking out on his team before their bowl game. Some how I doubt it since he's going to Michigan and not "lowly Arkansas".

The media guys can shove their criticism square up their ass. Petrino is going to use this to prove everybody wrong. You hear that Steve... give us a couple of years and your War Chickens are going to be dead meat :neener:

Dude , if your going to make claims of domination , maybe you should address them to the Florida's and Georgia's and LSU's to name a few. All your alma did was replace a loose Nutt with a Edsel. :wanker: Petrino is still a wanker anyway ya look at it. :rotfl:

Bada :beer: Bing

Admittedly we got some work to do to catch Florida and Georgia. I think the Hogs did alright against LSU this year.

I'll still give Petrino the benefit of the doubt over Nutt until he runs off the Offensive Coordinator of the Year and a 5-Star QB within weeks of each other. Oh and throw in an extra-marital affair with a local TV news anchorwoman in there as well. Like one website so eloquently put it, "Nutt is as crazy as a sack of rabid weasels." Very fitting after watching his schtick for 10 very long years.

Archived