AIS web sms signup

fool

Folks,

I need some urgent help. Want to sign up to send sms to a 12call number from my AIS postpaid number. Think I can do this from the mobilelife page online but cannot find an English version. Looks to be only Thai. Is there an English language version? Anybody know the url.

Most thankings

The biggest Fool.

Sorry mate, I can't find a full English page either. Most pages there are a weird mix of Thai and English. Not much good for either most Thais or most farangs :dunno: .

Of course, on this page do you really need English? It's pretty self explanatory. But I'll translate for ya.

-- Top line in grey: Just stuff about what an SMS is and that you can do it from a computer (duh!)

-- First red line: Cost is one baht per message

-- Second red line: Register as a "MobiLife Gang" member or log in (aye, here's the rub, where it'll get too complex for ya; sorry). Maybe get a Thai friend to help you register, then it'll be easy to use -- too hard for me to remotely teach you how if you do not read Thai.

Grey line inside the SMS box: Use a comma to separate numbers if sending to more than one recipient.

Cheers,

SD

• 3 weeks later...

You obviously have a Thai mobile phone if you have a AIS number, so why not just use your phone?

As in most phones, MENU > MESSAGE > NEW > type your message... > select phone number, even if it's international - you will be billed for it > SEND.

You don't need to rack up GPRS charges, and a single SMS is not going to break the bank, IMO.

Archived