Crown hotel Sukhumvit soi 29

trooper

I had an opportunity to check out this marvellous place a few nights ago :content:

I arrived in Bangkok at 4:30 by bus after 8 hours ride and no sleep at all. I was exhausted and needed a place to sleep for 5 hours or so because next day I had to spend another 8 hours in a damn bus.

So I took a taxi and told him to take me to Ekamai hotel 999 which I have used before for similar purpose. They were full. They arranged a taxi to go to some other 400 baht place but when we arrived they announced a horrible 1200 baht/night demand which I told them to fuck off with. So into another taxi and he "knew" very very cheap places where I could sleep few hours. Both of those places said NO FALANG! WTF. Must have been somekind of brothels.

Finally the driver took me to Sukhumvit 29 where I found Crown hotel. Hahaa...This hotel is like Miami Hotel but for some reason I liked it. Full of character :) And some real characters wondering around the hall at 5:30 am :) I actually didn't know if they were dead or alive as I also was heavily on valium.

The room hasn't been renovated until the R&R dys of Vietnm War and it is so bad that I actually liked it. The price is 560 baht/night.

I will highly recommend this place for people who still think they are in Bangkok recovering from horrors of Vietkong. :thumbup:

You seem to have obtained a cheaper rate than posted elsewhere.

"Ok for the price... I guess...

by Anonymous User from Sweden, 21 Sep 07"

â??The rooms are old and worn and the aircon is noisy. Poor water pressure in the shower, very hard beds. Dirty angled mirrors beside the bed and in some rooms in the ceiling over the bed as well for you who enjoy that kind of thing... Soi 6 is a dump but the skytran is only a 200m walk away.

Much better alternatives around Sukhumvit for the same price, I recommend Woraburi or Swiss Park.â?Â

Was this review helpful? Yes - No

http://www.atsiam.com/hotels/bangkok/sukhumvit_crown_hotel_thailand.asp

Is it this one or another "Crown"

Bangkok has a wide array of hotels and they are extremely popular with all tourists visiting the city. Sukhumvit Crown Hotel in Bangkok is a fabulous and absolutely fascinating hotel rubs shoulders with some of the best names in the hotel industry. Sukhumvit Crown Hotel is really popular and has ample reasons to be so. The hotel provides some amazing facilities and amenities to the guests in order to ensure that tourists really enjoy their stay here. Sukhumvit Crown Hotel in Bangkok is situated on the Sukhumvit Road and this neighborhood is extremely popular with all tourists as this road houses some of the most important names in the fashion industry. Tourists are attracted to this popular hotel by the convenient location of the place and the easy accessibility. The excellent room facilities at Sukhumvit Crown Hotel in Bangkok are a major attraction and the tourists keep coming back here to enjoy the warm hospitality accorded to them.

The original poster was talking about the Crown on Sukhumvit soi 29. I've walked past probably hundreds of times as I used to live in soi 41 but I've never been in so hav'nt a clue what its like, but from the outside I can well believe it if it had'nt be refurbished in 30 years?! And I'm sure the smiles on the faces of the Thai guys SD saw where a result of the hot girl and not the hotel? :content:

The Sukhumvit Crown as another poster said is in Sukhumvit soi 6. Where coincidentally I lived prior to soi 41. But I hav'nt been in there either but have always heard it was a bit of a dump? I just used to see it when I was taking the handy cut through to Lolitas...oops I mean soi 8 :o

Simie.

The original poster was talking about the Crown on Sukhumvit soi 29. I've walked past probably hundreds of times as I used to live in soi 41 but I've never been in so hav'nt a clue what its like, but from the outside I can well believe it if it had'nt be refurbished in 30 years?! And I'm sure the smiles on the faces of the Thai guys SD saw where a result of the hot girl and not the hotel? :content:

The Sukhumvit Crown as another poster said is in Sukhumvit soi 6. Where coincidentally I lived prior to soi 41. But I hav'nt been in there either but have always heard it was a bit of a dump? I just used to see it when I was taking the handy cut through to Lolitas...oops I mean soi 8 :o

Simie.

Thank you for this information.

I guess there must be two "Crowns". They each must have a slightly different name. But this is Thailand and they might have the exact same name.

Thanks.

Archived