Crown hotel Sukhumvit soi 29

trooper

there will be soon another Crown also on Sukhumvit! the Crowne Plaza, same group as Intercontinental and Holiday Inn. Bet rooms will cost more than 560 THB!

Problems with the bank and financing have caused construction on this hotel to be delayed. No work has been done in over a year. Construction started in Nov. '03 and they still have "Opening in Early '08" signs, but more like '11 if they get moving again.

BTW I live on Soi 29 and the Crown despite being a dump (the swimming pool is particularly nasty), as mentioned, there is always a parade of characters in and about the area because of the hotel. I can't say how many times police have been called to solve problems there - I suspect they have a substation in the lobby.

Oh, one other thing: I can say that maybe 75% of the time when my lady and I tell the taxi driver to take us to Sukhumvit Soi 29 he stops at the Crown without asking. This pisses my gf off and makes me laugh each time as the place seems to be well-known to taxi drivers for something or other. :shhh:

Archived