Top 10 gogo bars in bangkok

northernguy30

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know Pattaya at all. Had a couple of disappointing trips there in the last 7 yrs or so. Many here say the sheer numbers there make it the best place. Is that true? More girls in Pattaya than in Bangkok? Well, let me rephrase that: more girls in the go-gos in PTY than in the expat scenes in BKK?

(Has anyone ever made a guess-timate of how many there actually are? It shouldnt' be too hard. How many bars in NP? How many in SC? How many girls in each? add it up. Then do same for PTY.)

Myself, I've had the best luck not at SC but at NP, in particular the Rainbow and Playschool bars. In a typical evening in BKK, I'll make the rounds of SC, NP and stop in at places like Thermae or Biergarten just to see what's there. I usually end up spending most time at NP though, because there are so many places so close together, and lots of girls in some bars. Nana disco used to be part of the circuit, but the cover charge plus decline in quality (or so it seemed) took it off my map around 2003 or so. (I remember some nights where I sat outside as the disco closed to see what walked out, seeing the whole place empty out and not spotting a single girl worth approaching exiting the place -- and also other nights paying to go in and having the same disappointment. I have high standards, but not that high really. Meanwhile I know if I go into NP and visit 2 or 3 bars, I'm near certain to spot something that very much catches my attention.)

Now if I went instead to PTY and stuck to this main cluster of places, would I probably be happier with that than with NP/SC?

And these days, are there bars in SC that can compete with the Rainbow bars' in terms of quality and numbers? (sorry, my definition of quality in this case = looks, not talent or attitude, and this is a case of 'to each his own' so pls no lectures about my tastes) But I've never been to any SC bar that packs as many hotties on the stage the way Rainbow 2 did last time I was there (2005). In one evening, there were about 35-40 onstage there at a time (is this just my rose colored memory? I know it seemed like a ton of girls compared to other bars), and two girls I remember were Oh. My. God. hot. Next door at Playschool the number onstage was lower, maybe 25, but the hottest I'd seen in a long time was one of them. But overall the group was a noticeably good cut above any of the other NP bars in terms of sheer looks (and age -- younger in general). Now I'm not aware of any SC bar that has that many girls, let alone as many hotties.

Is that still true? Does SC have anything like that these days? What about PTY?

Here's my first [color:red]rant[/color] in '08. :xmascheer

WTF, it would take only 10 minutes to have a quick look in each gogo of SC and only 15 minutes for NEP. Now get off your McButt and have a look for yourself. :spank:

:whatever:

As I said in another thread before: this has become a real expat and pro board. More and more you'll find someone who knows better,

but is either too bored by his years of experience

or to cynical

or maybe even regard himself as too advanced on the "Farang in LOS ladder" for to disperse the slightest piece of his precious knowlegde.

Thank you. :doah:

I miss the days when there was a little bit more excitement about the scene in BKK at Nanaplaza.com (remember the yearly(?) gogo ranking contest?) and when someone like me who goes to LOS only every few years and who is not a P4P pro could actually find some very practical information.

:shakehead

I am still am quite helpful, I think, but I used to be freer with my advice. However, I became more aware that I could be shooting myself in the foot.

You mention a great bar. It becomes crowded. Attitudes go down, prices go up. Your favourite girls are booked up.

You mention a sighting of a particularly fine girl. Then some guy with the same spec as you reads it but, instead of taking her every now and then and leaving her in the 'pool', he might take her off the scene, sponsoring her or taking her back to his home country. :doah:

Reading your advice on PP it was definitely not aimed at you Bibblies. :beer:

And that this kind of information can have a negative impact in the age of Internet is for sure, but information and advice is still an important part of Thai360 - I hope.

But Shyguy's answer shows how much the board changed in the last two/three years compared to 6 years ago when I joined it - for the better in a sense that it got much more mature with its wider range of topics, but for worse as a source of information for the LOS newbies. Some posters nowadays emanate an acute dose arrogance with their been there and done that attitude. I hope it doesn't become too geriatric sooner or later.

Archived