Bringing my wife to the US

Weird

Just talked to Mrs Hippie#2, she got married mid April, got all the papers squared by Late August so more like 4 months (not 3 as I previously stated) and waited to finish some business stuff before heading here in December.

Not sure if it matters, but she was married in LOS so not sure that makes any difference between filing for a fiance visa and then a status change. Co worker married a girl from India, paper work took about 10 months with a few snafus.

I figure some Post 9-11 bullshit is to blame for the current mess, and maybe just a back log of guyswanting to marry foreign women...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Status update. I made a mistake and followed a website that says you get billed after you submit (even though after double checking it says to include the check). Ontop of that the location for submission changed, it's now all to 1 box, where they forward it on to the appropriate place. Resubmitted and got a reciept within 2 weeks (calling the line says a reciept could take up to 15 weeks!!!, and first time it took like 5 weeks). So the wait starts now.... oiy.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Congrats. What untill you have to do it all over again in 2 yrs.

We just re did my wifes card.

First one good for 2 yrs.

Had to do the fingerprints again and send more money. Yes the U.S. is broke so send more money.555

Fee went up :(

Then they send a letter stating due to the back log they gave her a 1 year ext. on her 2 year card.

This outa be fun as we are going to Canada this week with work.

Let's see Thai passport and U.S. green card..Joy oh Joy

Archived