Thai Con Artists ruin holidays

clubsiam

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are tourists conned by these people? I can remember when I first started coming to LOS as a tourist (I started in 1988) and was approached many times by people like these when I was wandering around. I was young and probably quite gullible, but I never once accepted their offers to act as my guide or to take me to some shop where I could get a good deal on whatever it was. Yet others get taken in by this bullshit. :dunno:

Why are tourists conned by these people? I can remember when I first started coming to LOS as a tourist (I started in 1988) and was approached many times by people like these when I was wandering around. I was young and probably quite gullible, but I never once accepted their offers to act as my guide or to take me to some shop where I could get a good deal on whatever it was. Yet others get taken in by this bullshit. :dunno:

Stupid bastards should know better than to try and get money from a Scotsman :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Guest lazyphil

a good friend of mines father was a high ranking policeman in hong kong for 25 years before that the met in london (joined after leaving the navy after ww2). he did alot for interpol travelling around sea too while in hong kong. the most untrustworthy folks he came across in his proffesional career were the thais apperently :shocked::crazy: