Thai Con Artists ruin holidays

clubsiam

Of course you do not end up dead each time you upset

a Thai or there would not be any foreigner left in Thailand.

The problem is, if you happen to really upset a Thai who then kills you then you will just be one more article in the newspaper...

About "walking on egg shells":

If a Thai did something wrong to you then I see no point to submit, just that there are many ways to tell them they cheat you without making them loose face etc....

Now if you upset a Thai this is another story and you should really walk on egg shells......

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The resident gem scammer Shangri La - Oriental area is definitely a policeman . He sends people into a Chinese shop Surawongse Road ; proven by the fact that the local TukTuks then charge 20 Baht only and refrain from recommending anything cheap . They cooperate .

I am fairly sure that the Thais do not even have bad feelings about what they are doing , it is just something that is good for them and they don't want disturbance. Like the whole country is ticking . If as resident you worry about this on daily basis you might get stomach cancer , it is their country so WTF . I am strictly following wht the Thais want me to do : consume what you like , pay and go home ; see you soon .

BuBi

You guys swapping war stories about farangs getting killed by mafia wouldn't actually happen to have any news story links to support them would you? Right, thought not.

Yeah like it's going to be in the papers.

I do remember one story about a guy being extradited from Taiwan for offing a few farangs and reported to be a member of the Thai Mafia.

Think it was the Bangkok Post.

Not essentialy on topic, i guess, but i do know of an Australian guy in Ko Samui who was involved in an accident. He was riding his bike along the southern mountain roads recently and was hit by a pick up truck drove by Thais. Baddly 'bust up', he was left with a broken arm and leg, plus a hairline fracture to his skull. He remained concious for 5 minutes while the Thais stood around him, panicking, and then passed out.

He awoke 1 mile away, in the middle of the jungle/forrest (jungle is a bit harsh a word, samui mountains are more like forrest). Completley alone and confused, he dragged himself a painfull half mile to an empty hut, crashed out on the porch and was woken by the Thai couple who lived there, when they returned from there farming duties.

The Thais who hit him obviously thought that he had died. The best option for them it seemed was to get rid of the evidence, rather than alert the MIB. So they threw him in the back of the truck, drove off the main road, through the forrest, and left him there.

That didnt make the headlines. Didnt even make the news. Yet the guy is there, in samui as we speak, lying in hospital able to recount the story - which has been verified by the Thai couple who found him.

Its not always possible to provide links for events such as this, as they get burried under the carpet.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pix from nearby MBK:

thumb_1200318522-gen-sign.jpg

I'll be generous and give credit to the OP for making it happen (even tho' I think I really know better).

Good on ya mate, anyway! Fruits of your labour!

Pix from 2Bangkok.com

Cheers,

SD

Stan Smith said "My standard reply to the airport taxi guys, gem scammers etc etc is 'fuck off'."

Some friends and I came back from Phnom Penh recently and took the next taxi in the queue. I told him twice "meter". When he took off he did not push the meter but said "450 baht." When the three of us started yelling "Stop, stop" at him he turned the meter on. If we had gotten out he would have had to go to the back of the queue.

I have a friend that has lived in BKK for 7 or 8 years and when he is approached by a tuk-tuk driver he asks him "Do you know where I can get a tailor-made suit? And I also need some gold and some gems and then I will need a massage." The tout always walks away by the time he gets to massage.

I was considering writing a long winded reply to this thread, but I cant be arsed to waste my time. Scam Artists require victims to operate at a profit, and there are a lot more naieve tourist victims in Thailand at present than scammers.

Victims adverise themsleves as such and are easy pray. Admit it, I see / hear so many stories abot tourist rip offs and Thai Gal cheats Farang, the Irony is just unbelievable.

I'll be generous and give credit to the OP for making it happen (even tho' I think I really know better).

Cheers,

SD

So if I can get some signs put up around SC and NP saying if a strange girl offers to "Love You Long Time" Say No......you will give me credit?

Maybe a extra big one at WS.... :cover:

My Erawan Con Artists photo site has well over 1,000 views so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21533131@N06/

I think it's appalling that dozens of professional con artists work like that in plain view at a major tourist attraction... Especially after I have written and supplied pictures to the TAT, TAC, Tourist Police, Erawan, Hyatt Erawan, Gaysorn, Amarin, Central World, BTS, Bangkok Post, The Nation and Thai Hotels Assoc..

Only the editor from the Bangkok Post responded to my emails.

All the others ignored the emails I sent them.

I drive by there now and then and still see them there swindling tourists.

The Erawan Security, the BTS Security, The Amarin Security, Gaysorn Security, Central World Security all see them there every day too.

20 well dressed people, pretending to be friendly strangers to tourists, giving bad information, lieing and scamming, ruining thousands of holidays every year, hanging out at the entrances to Thailands major tourist attractions.

Somthings wrong.