Bye-Bye; Soi one!

dddave

Unsurprisingly, it seems to have gone un-noticed that the Soi One bar area has closed-up completely, shut down...kaput! A former bar owner there was told that the Third floor hotel was the only profitable venue in the whole place, thus the whole building is probably going to be converted into a hotel with long stay rooms like the RAJAH has on Soi 4.

The place never did seem to catch on. The ground floor bars often had some very cute girls who would attack you the moment you walked into the place but it was never really lively. The rooftop after hours disco got closed down pretty quickly and morphed into a mostly Arab restaurant.

When the Soi Zero bars closed, some of the owners opened on the second floor of Soi One but hardly anybody went up there and it was a ghost town.

Having the on premises short-time hotel was great. The rooms were very nice and they were generous with the time.

Now that it's gone; we'll miss it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, potentially, sois 1 and 0 had a better chance of longevity than SC in that they aren't desirable real estate. SC (and NEP) are hemmed in and looking more ot of place. Just a matter of time before these places become the best available locations.. (not mauch demand for luxury accomodation under a freeway).

• 2 weeks later...

A long time friend worked in the Soi 1 pool bar, left hand side down the back ground floor, something with an 8 in it. That has moved along with the sports bar to Soi 13, a new building with lots of floor space to rent. My friend is no longer working but we went in the new bar as she wanted to see a friend, that was a few weeks back. A bit slow and only two bars so far that I saw but if you're a Bangkok pool player then it might appeal as an easy going couple of bars between Nana and SC for now.

Cheers,

M.

Archived