Bye-Bye; Soi one!

dddave

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beavers used to have one stunner, maybe a year or so, maybe two, ago. Never tried her. The asst. manager, a bit past her shelf life, was a friend. She looked after me a few years ago when I got sick, never had the heart to go for the stunner over her head, so avoided it.

RIP

Soi 1? I thougth this bars are gone already about 4 years ago! :confused:

Soi 13 - there was the Clinton Plaza or not :confused:

now there is the new 6star Appartement construction.

Clinton Plaza was between 13 and 15. Circa 2000-2001 I rented an apartment on Soi 13 in Sukhumvit Suites for a year, I had just got divorced from the ex-thai mrs (that in istelf is another storey) and needed to get my head together and plan some direction in my life.

With the Living Room at the corner of the Soi, CEP next door to that, Soi 10 Beer Bars across Sukhumvit, NEP and SC equi-distant from the end of the Soi and the post 1AM Sukhumvit street party I got totaly sucked in to scene and had a total blow out for a year.

Most of the time I was oblivious to anything outside of that small area of BKK, apart for occasional trips to PP, Soi 33 and Ratchada etc, it was only when the landlord asked if I wanted to renew the 12 month lease in the place that I realised I had been there a year.

Fortunatley common sense kicked in and I told myself that as much of a good time I may have had over the period it was now time to take life of Pause and start to play the game of life again.

I don't know if it was a mid-life crisis or a self impossed gap year (something we never had back in my day) but I don't regret it for one minute, I have made more of my life since then than I ever did before.

Happy Days!

• 2 weeks later...

Sioi One was a nice stab but dioomed as they had one problem... Too Many Lady Boys.... Even the guy who statrted Joop Joop in the back on the left had a LB behind the bar.

I guess the real question is what will go in there. Lots of upgrades to the building... I wonder how much the lady of Moring night Fame lost with that big fancy bar that never made one satang.

• 2 weeks later...
Sioi One was a nice stab but dioomed as they had one problem... Too Many Lady Boys.... Even the guy who statrted Joop Joop in the back on the left had a LB behind the bar.

*Yawns* typical, "one problem with that place, it had something i didnt like" attitude

Any coincidence Guess bar on the 2nd floor was often the busiest place in the plaza?

Any coincidence that there are now 4 Ladyboy bars in Nana?

Any coincidence that Cowboy has more ladboys than ever before?

Or are you just trying to show a bunch of people on the internet how straight you are?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Soi one holds a dear place in my heart. Not for the bars that were there but the path running alongside the railroad heading away from sukhumvit towards petchaburi road.

What a quaint slice of ghetto sits there. A nice walk up passing shantys and burning fires as curious thais come out to wonder why the fuck a falang is wandering about. It was a treasured get away from the sukhumvit and as I browse through my photos a really interesting place.

The highlight being the makeshift manual 'rail cars' they use to ship in their supplies. I would recommend that your first sojurn be in the daylight hours as this could be considered dangerous.

Archived