Benazir Bhutto killed!

Flashermac

RAWALPINDI, Pakistan - Pakistan opposition leader Benazir Bhutto was assassinated Thursday in a suicide bombing that also killed at least 20 others at a campaign rally, a party aide and a military official said.

"At 6:16 p.m. she expired," said Wasif Ali Khan, a member of Bhutto's party who was at Rawalpindi General Hospital where she was taken after the attack.

A senior military official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment, confirmed that Bhutto had died.

Her supporters at the hospital began chanting "Dog, Musharraf, dog," referring to Pakistan's president Pervez Musharraf. Some of them smashed the glass door at the main entrance of the emergency unit, others burst into tears.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd been expecting it. I think Fidel is out of the country. Be a good time to be somewhere else.

News slowly coming in:

"A party security adviser said Bhutto was shot in neck and chest as she got into her vehicle to leave the rally in Rawalpindi near the capital Islamabad. A gunman then blew himself up."

p.s. Being a political leader in both Pakistan and India is not good a way to die of old age. :(

Hi all.. I'm in beautiful Khon Khaen. I'll head for Laos tomorrow and back to Islamabad on the 7th of January.

This is BAD news.

I called a mate over there and he said everyone is under self imposed curfew.

There is gun fire on the streets of Lahore and Hyderabad and Rawaplindi is in the grip of protests.

One step closer to civil war.

Happy New Year!!!

Seems Nawaz Sharif's party, the PML-N was also attacked, also in Rawalpindi:

RAWALPINDI:Gunmen opened fire on supporters of former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday as he campaigned for January elections, killing four of them, a security official said.

According to reports, gunmen opened fire on supporters of former Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, when they were taking out a rally to receive their leader.

Sharif blamed supporters of Pakistan Muslim League (PML-Q) for the violence at Karal Chowk of Rawalpindi. Police confirmed several people had been hurt in shooting.

"Some Q League workers fired at our people," Sharif said while talking to an international news agency, referring to the pro-Musharraf Pakistan Muslim League (Q).

"We have reports that several people were wounded," he said.

Sharif was several kilometers away from the scene of the shooting, on his way to Rawalpindi from a rally in the town of Gujjar Khan in Punjab province.

End.

Source

Archived