Benazir Bhutto killed!

Flashermac

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its got a very strong fundamentalist element. The big worry for everyone is that they get power which also means power over the nukes possibly if the military stands down.

They want to take Kashmir at any cost...at least some of them do.

What may happen is the ones against her make a martyr out of her and someone takes up the mantle and get popular support of sympathy behind them.

Take out the nuclear weapon out of the country, put a electrical fence around Pakistan and let them kill each other until the last one since they don't have any respect for life.

More seriously it should be a warning to countries like Thailand who have the army messing in civil politics.

I for one think her death was a just deserve for all the supporters she sacrificed a few months ago with her political grandstanding.

Reality is her desires were for her not for her people. Bhutto was the type who deep down don't care as much about their people as they would like us to believe.

The only sad thing I find about this is those who will died as a result of her death.

Fidel is correct when he says if you stay away from these rallies you are usually safe. Bhutto on the other hand encouraged people to attend knowing full well lives would be lost.

Fark her.

I think people are burning and looting because they suspect, perhaps correctly, that this was the work of the current regime. Remember, she was shot before the bomb went off. People are saying that the bomb was a distraction. Who knows?

Bust, I consider your attitude extremely shitty.

Some people say that power corrupts, others say that it is fear that corrupts.

If Bhutto decided to withdraw from politics and to discourage people from attending rallies, what good would that do for a country ruled by a military dictatorship?

Do you have the same attitude towards the monks for calling people onto the streets in Burma, also resulting in many deaths?

Falang, I'm not sure if your post was meant to be in jest, but just so you know, the majority of people in Pakistan want nothing to do with this kind of thing. They are normal human beings, just like you and me.. well, perhaps not quite like you, since they respect people from the West.

I fear that the shit is going to hit the fan in a big way, possibly leading to civil war and the disintegration of the federation. We may have a new Balkans on our hands... and a lot of people I know could end up dead. Hopefully sense will prevail and the likes of Imran Khan will be given a say.

It would be helpful if the Yanks backed down and stopped funding the mob that's presiding over this. One thing the Yanks don't want in Pakistan is democracy. The majority of the people want them to fark off and mind their own business.. oh and to stop funding brutal dictators while they're at it.

I spoke to my boss last night and she's postponing her return to the country. She said I might have no choice but to do the same.

Archived