Benazir Bhutto killed!

Flashermac

I think people are burning and looting because they suspect, perhaps correctly, that this was the work of the current regime....

Why react to a regime you don't like by burning vehicles and properties? The owners of these vehicles and properties have nothing to do with 'this' regime. It's just an excuse to vandalise. Looters are just criminals who take advantage of unrest to rob innocents of their livelihood. They should be shot on site.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree.

Most of the targets are government buildings and vehicles, as well as government employees like cops and soldiers.

People have realised that this is it, there is no hope for the masses under Musharraf. Expect more looting, rioting and killing.

<< The main suspects in the assassination are the foreign and Pakistani Islamist militants who saw Ms Bhutto as a Westernised heretic and an American stooge, and had repeatedly threatened to kill her.>>

<< But fingers will also be pointed at the Inter-Services Intelligence agency, (ISI) which has had close ties to the Islamists since the 1970s and has been used by successive Pakistani leaders to suppress political opposition.

<< Analysts say that President Musharraf is unlikely to have ordered her assassination, but that elements of the Army and intelligence service stood to lose money and power if she became prime minister. The ISI includes some Islamists who became radicalised while running the American-funded campaign against the Soviets in Afghanistan and were opposed to her on principle. Saudi Arabia is also thought to have frowned on Ms Bhutto as being too secular and Westernised and to have favoured Nawaz Sharif, another former Prime Minister.>>

Times on line

.... Some of them smashed the glass door at the main entrance of the emergency unit' date=' ....[/quote']

Usefull response. :rolleyes: Why is it that the coloured people respond to everything by smashing, burning and looting? :shakehead The burning effigies will be next. :dunno:

from the Board Rules:

5.) Racism/Bigotry; racists and bigots are NOT welcome here, and derogatory remarks on someone's race, sexual preferences, etc. will result in you getting banned.

preahko

It would be helpful if the Yanks backed down and stopped funding the mob that's presiding over this. One thing the Yanks don't want in Pakistan is democracy.

As usual, Fidel, your animosity toward the U.S. is exemplified by big time bullshit. I'm sure you'd rather see the Taliban et.al. take over the country. The statement that that "Yanks" don't want democracy in Pakistan is such a pile of shit that it doesn't really deserve response, except to ask you to educate us as to which commie country is "democratic". 55555555555 You are soooooooooooo pathetic. Do a good many of us a favor and hustle you ass back to Islamabad.

HH

I

Bust, I consider your attitude extremely shitty.

Do you have the same attitude towards the monks for calling people onto the streets in Burma, also resulting in many deaths?

For starters Fidel the monks did not call the people onto the streets....the people came in support.

As for Bhutto her last period in government collapsed under the weight of numerous corruption allegations against her, her husband and her inner circle. She fled Pakistan as charges were being laid.

She came back knowing well what would happen on that first night. Even the bus was designed to protect her from the suicide bomber attempts she knew would happen.

Do I feel for the people of Pakistan of course but for her no not really.

Archived