Benazir Bhutto killed!

Flashermac

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she bumped her head because the guy blew himself up and the impact smashed her....but she still had a couple bullet holes in her !

Democracy will come to Pakistan , the leader will have his Army uniform in the closet just in case he needs to put it on again to rule with power,

Who gets American Billions ? The Military I believe

OC

The Pentagon says Pakistan has 60 nukes. All of them fully secured.

For how long? Al Quaida must surely want Pakistan.

Al Quaida, nukes, taliban, Pakistan is terror central according to CNN...question is what will Musharraf do about it?...if he does anything. That guy is a really amazing high wire act.

At least Fidel knows the US doesn't want democracy in Pakistan. So do you really Hugh...come on admit it. Army control is the name of the game there.

If Fido "knows", he doesn't know squat. That is, he hasn't been following events or has ignored them to suit his political views. The media has been full of reports documenting U.S. efforts to pressure Musharif on many fronts toward restoring democratic practices...from holding elections, stepping down as the chief of the Army, to releasing opponents who protested his dismissal of Pakistan's top judicial officers. With his successor as the top Army commander being "close" to Washington, and Bhutto having a 50-50 chance of being the next PM, U.S. interests would have been enhanced in both political and military terms. BTW, I'm not interested in discussing the political landscape of Central Asia or speculating ad infintum stupid, ignorant comments made by Fido. Persons much more knowledgable than anybody on this board even give up coming to firm conclusions at this time and refrain from speculating. Sometimes, these discussions remind me of those who participate in fantasy sports on the net.

HH

Fidel can speak for himself. I was just watching Hillary and Edwards on CNN. They were talking about 'pressuring Musharraf into being more democratic'. What hogwash. They can talk like that now....they'll change their tune if they get elected. Bush pays lip service to democracy too but he knows the truth. Musharraf is the only one who can handle all Pakistan's problems.

Bhutto wasn't even that popular in Pakistan. A lot of people saw her as an American plant which may be what got her killed. Bush has to keep America safe from AQ, taliban etc...that's why they keep giving Musharraf billions of dollars. Trouble is he has his own agenda...he's actually playing Bush for a sucker.

I think I agree with the first paragraph 100%. Maybe 33% of the second paragraph. Since I am skeptical that Bush has the ability to really figure things out on his own, my guess is that some "group" in D.C. may be played as a sucker (if anybody/thing is). Whoever is in charge of Pakistan has a high wire to walk. Can't appear too friendly to Westerners, but needs to protect the country from extremists without appearing to be a dictator. Not easy when you need $$$ and equpment from the West to do so.

HH

It's a weird situation alright. It's like Bush, Musharraf and Al Quaida all need each other. Impossible to predict how it will all play out. I actually don't think Bhutto was that important in the scheme of things. She'd been played up by the Western media. Musharraf is the key figure...if he gets bumped off the shit will really hit the fan.

Archived