�ี�อยู���ย

nakriian

44 หมูà¹? 10 à¸?.à¸?าà¸?à¸?า-à¸?ราà¸? à¸Âม.4.5 à¸?าà¸?à¸?า à¸Âรุà¸?à¹?à¸?à¸?ฯ 10260

I am learning how to read �ี�อยู���ย and I have an example address above that I am trying to fully understand. Could you please explain this address to me.

I noticed that �า��า was not proceded with ��� like ����า��า. I thought that you always wrote ��� before a ���. Is it normal to just see a ��� listed without the proceding "���". I am guessing that they assume you will know what it is since it is just before the city name?

I still need each portion of the address explained, but I just wanted to point out the previous question as well. Thanks for any help you can give.

Addresses do not seem to have a strict format. I'd say that most do not use ��� (khet) when writing the addy; as you said, it is safe to assume that the letter carrier knows this already.

That's a pretty simple addy:

44 -- plot number (sometimes you see 44/17, which would mean house 17 on plot 44)

หมู� 10 -- moo: I guess community or neighborhood would be the best description

à¸?.à¸?าà¸?à¸?า-à¸?ราà¸? à¸Âม.4.5 -- location: at the 4.5 KM marker on the Bangna-Trad Road (using milestones is a common way of describing remote places here)

à¸?าà¸?à¸?า à¸Âรุà¸?à¹?à¸?à¸?ฯ 10260 - district, city, postcode

Cheers,

SD

Here's an example of a real address, that is just "all wrong" (i.e., no street number, no district, etc.). Yet this is what the company uses and I know that mail gets to them as we do business together!

à¸?ึà¸Âมัà¸?à¸Âร à¸?ิà¸?à¹?รà¸?à¸?ยาà¸?าล à¸?ามิลà¹?ลีà¹?ยà¸? à¸?อà¸?หลà¹?อ (ระหวà¹?าà¸?à¸?อย à¸?อà¸?หลà¹?อ 25 - 27) à¸Âรุà¸?à¹?à¸?à¸?ฯ 10110

* -- For the Thai impaired: Dragon Building, next to Camillian Hospital, Thonglor (between Thonglor sois 25-27), Bangkok 10110

:dunno:

Cheers,

SD

Archived