Bowl Games

Hugh_Hoy

Georgia looked great against Hawaii. I really didn't think they'd steamroller the Warriors like they did. A 20 point win, yeah, maybe...but a complete thrashing? Never in my dreams.

Sooners should get a 3-year suspension from BCS games. Again, they choked. Again, big time. #4 "my ass".

RayRay...won't comment much on the Cotton Bowl. I switched it off in the 3rd quarter. Wasn't a pretty sight.

Like I've said before, I don't like OSU and I don't like LSU. Wish there was a way both could lose. Neither are as good as they're fans would like to believe (IMO).

I don't think there's the interest in the bowl games this year that there was last year. I know I'm not. Still, I'll watch the BCS "championship" game, but not excited about the prospect of a 14-13 game :(

HH

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...let's take one week at a time. (One week will be all it'll take to get the 'skins out of the picture 555555.)

Here are my picks for this week: Seahawks, Steelers, Chargers, and Giants. Feel free to chose all or some of the same. I haven't yet given my picks to the Vegas books, so hurry and lock in your money :)

HH

Hawaii had an unusual meltdown. By the end of the 3rd quarter an undefeated team had burned all its timeouts and their heisman candidate threw 3 picks and fumbled the ball twice and never found the end zone. Meanwhile Georgia rattled off 5 touchdowns during that span and the game was over. Hawaii didn't seem to put up much of a fight that I can't credit Georgia with completely, but still the win was impressive and you gotta say Georgia is probably just the better team by a good margin.

Looks like the season will end with unfinished business. No team has emerged as the dominating force and the bowl matchups were a bit questionable. It's hard to pick a #1, at least as it stands now.

BB...Ok guy...u start the pro thread. I'll suffer this one.

Michigan over USC this year? Like last year? and 4 years ago? :rotl:

Shit...everybody wants to be a comedian. Nobody wants to sing and dance anymore. :confused:

Neo...think u nailed it about Hawaii. I'm sure Georgia would've liked the opportunity to play one of the top 5 or 6 teams. They had nothing to win and everything to lose in that game...and, unlike the Sooners, they made sure they didn't lose.

Like I said, Sooners need to go on BCS probation for a few years. Maybe play in the Humanitarian Bowl, Pointsetta Bowl, etc. for a few years until they can prove they're worthy of BCS consideration. Same, same OSU if they get stomped by LSU. The Big 10, like some LA Times pundit called it, should be renamed the "Big 0".

At least we didn't have to suffer seeing Notre Dame this post-season. :barf:

HH

" Michigan over USC this year? Like last year? and 4 years ago?

Michigan went to play a " away " game in Orlando , gave Florida every chance possible to win it , with the voters choice for the Heisman , and they won :grinyes:

Send the Trojans to a neutral site , my Ann Arbor guy's with a healthy Henne / Hart / Manningham , would bury them... :relieved:

Alway's fun to discuss " what if's ? "

Don't bet the Seagul's this weekend , you can give it to me... :xmascheer

Bada :beer: Bing

Archived