Bar closing due to official mourning period?

whitelotuslane

I read about a 15 day official mourning period because of Princess Vadhana's death.

Will this mean bar closings as well, and for the full 15 days?

EDIT: [Of course I can go without alcohol for a bit, but I have an external USB drive with some fairly sensitive stuff at one of the bars that I need to retrieve.]

100 days mourning period. Don't see it affecting the nightlife much.

"The cabinet agreed on Wednesday to request cooperation from government agencies to suspend all kinds of festivities for 15 days to mourn for the death of Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani Vadhana who passed away early today, Prime Minister's Office Minister Dhipavadee Meksawan told reporters.

"It agreed that cabinet members wear black for 100 days while general public are persuaded to wear black for 15 days as are government officials."

BP

If the bars closed for 15 days you would see such a rush to the airport, that the airlines would have to put on special evacuation flights.

This might well happen if a certain other person dies. But I believe that in that case the whole kingdom would shut down for a while because everyone would be too sad to feel like working, including the bar puying. And Oldtimer would certainly not be up to going to any parties for many a moon.

I knew the bars closed for a while when the Ks mother died and wondered what would happen now. So far no sign of closing so I presume all ok.

Somebody I spoke to about precedent said that before the bars were closed on odd days like at 100 days etc.

So rest easy but keep a fridge full - just in case!

Archived