GF wants more

fool

Oh yeah, I think he's a nutter because when on the phone he told me how he was going to kill me and have her watch the blood pour from my throat. Emotional or what that ranks as nutter in my book.

Yes that's crazy talk. He's probably trying to sound like a jealous Thai guy.

As for the girl sheâ??s probably just figuring out where she stands with you. I can't blame her. She wants a commitment so sheâ??s using the other guy for leverage...not an unusual tactic. Good luck.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff guys, thanks. Using this other guy as leverage to get a commitment from me and by extension to get rid of him, whilst having a possible replacement should I bail all probably play into the thinking.

Talking with her she knows this is weird, actually for a Thai I don't think it is that weird, or as was said unusual, different strokes an all.

I think she is level headed enough and understands the picture quite well. My position is perhaps less than ideal from her point of view but if it were different I have no problem accepting that her commitment to me would be 100% and more. Since that is, slowly, becoming the case she is starting to accept that we can be together at some point and is very much ok working toward that. As she said everyone has their moments of weakness, and I do understand what she was going through, she never expected to meet someone and have them suggest immediate sponsorship and imminent marriage, even though he too is already married. As she said to me this was so like being swept off her feet and with a lot of peer encouragement coupled with my apparent ambivalence at the time worked somewhat in his favour. She says she saw all her goals suddenly materialising though not with whom she wanted and in fact did not really care for.

Having established our true positions and feelings with each other, the long chat Zaad referred to, and watched as the situation with the interloper has unravelled things are pretty much back on track.

The remaining difficulty at this time is to ensure her safety given that the other man has become violent both in his words and actions. Well she is far enough away now that he cannot get at her, hopefully he will cool off and fade away in a week or so. If he fails to get the message I might need to take more drastic action.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived