My vasectomy

radioman

Well, Ms Vampirella *says* she does not want children. But at 22, she could easily change her mind. And I've had enough experience with 20-something women to know that what I (and Choco and whomever else said it) said is spot on re: the "knocking up" bit. If you break up with your gal, keep that in mind when finding a new one.

Cheers,

SD -- only in his 40s, so that may be a factor as well :dunno:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<<

a) I have two grown children now and that's enough (the Earth is overpopulated as it is and I do not want to be an old man with a small kid who can't properly take care of it)>>

Should be tattoo'ed on the forehead of all Thai visitor's - I think I am way too old to have kids yet keep meeting friends who'll be 70/80 when the kid is 21. WAY to old to be a effective dad I think. I am worried and I'll be in my early 60's

That's a big thing for me. I love our friends in that situ, but I disagree with it.

I grew up with an older father. He was 45 when I was born and, tho' he tried hard, and I loved him dearly, he could not keep up with the younger dads and play football, baseball, or whatever. And he died when I was 25, so I feel cheated of (IMHO) the best years a parent can give a child: when they are equals.

Cheers,

SD

are you sure about this ? I was told it depends on your own age' date=' but also on how long ago you had the snip. After 5-6 years the chances are very low. Plus extracting sperm is done with a needle in your balls, not an attractive idea IMO.

[/quote']

I heard a similar thing about 5-6 years, but cannot recall how good a resource it was. They can also do a re-connection if within that sort of time frame I think, about 60-80k Baht and takes about 3 hours of general anaesthetic and about 70-80% success as well. Hmm maybe not, but I guess ok if you made a mistake and realise in time :)

Vasectomy Reversal success % seem to vary following various medical studies.

All agree that the time elapsed since the vasectomy plays a major role but they disagree seriously about the success rate.

Some claim as high as 95% success in a period of 1 to 3 years.

Others claim as low as 25% rate...

Drogon ????

Mate ????

:surprised:

You're in your early 30's right, don't appear to be claiming paternity anywhere and actively seeking a possible mate.

You should NOT be reading this thread, outa here :)

This is bad for your health, just thinking about reduced fertility is bad enough in your position. Come back when the wonders of reproduction have truly turned the lights on for you. You worry me with this interest in early termination. :D

Y'all have some *very* dated information...

http://www.infertility-male.com/treatment/tese.htm or http://www.ivfminnesota.com/testicular-sperm-extraction.html , for example.

Cheers,

SD

Yes and no. most succes stories will come from doctors promoting their business with vasectomy reversals of sperm extraction. Fact is that with a vasectomy the sperm production just plainly stops. To each his own.

Had I had the slightest doubt, in any way, that I would ever want to go through the process necessary to attempt re-energisation I would not have been clipped in the first place. Step 1, know what you want and why you want it. If the answers don't fit then think again. But I guess to each his own, we all different.

Archived