Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

Munchie, good luck in your program! :) I think your being sensible not getting carried away and doing anything too drastic e.g. running, have you thought about swimming as well? Ideal in the Dubai climate I would have thought? I'm sure you will see results with the walking and cutting down on the booze. I'm 5' 11" and 89 kg and have just turned 48. So not too bad but I certainly would like to loose a few kgs. My diet is'nt too bad but I ruin it by having a fondness for things like crisps and cake! :( I've just been diagnosed with bad arthritis in my feet, which is a bit of a bummer. But I will now have to adjust my diet as obviously certain types of exercise with become less viable options in the future.

Simie.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to have to have a long hard think about this.

I last weighed up 5 years ago when I was 112kg. All my clothes from those days are virtually unwearable now.

I can say it's not too bad as I'm 186cms tall but that's a bullshit excuse. I'm 60 this year and I'm too big for that age.

The problem is I love beer. Even the thought of switching to, say, Scotch and soda causes an anxiety attack.

I walk about 5kms a day in two sessions with the dog and it's a real effort as my ankles are both arthritic.

Good luck guys, I wish you the best and it's definitely time I got my fat arse into gear and did something like that myself.

Guest lazyphil

Good to hear!...i was nearly 17 stone at 6 feet 1 inch. Eat a BIG breakfast, porridge. weetabix, scrabbled eggs on toast (not all!) , drink lots of water throughout the day. 2 litres at least, have sugar feee cordial with if water too boring, key is keep hydrated. have main meal at midday not evening, just be sensible with portions and what you eat, 6 ish have a light snack. if you get peckish ever eat a banana or nuts. try not to eat before going to bed. exersice start of slowly, swimming, biking, fast walking. dont run before you've shed significant weight you'll hurt your knees and hips but when you feel ready start a gentle running program, runing with walking, eventually you'll be able to run without having to stop. good luck and be patient, you CAN do it!

Lazyphil, I think most of what you say is very good advice...except the bit about starting to change the walking to running. IMHO not a very good idea at all! I know Bruce Lee called running the king of all exercises but what might be ok for a young guy weighing as much as a wet towel is'nt such a good idea for a middle aged over weight man. Running is terrible in the long term for the joints. I know several ex army guys whos knees are fucked from running and tabbing with big packs for a few years. I know another guy who was an amateur middle distance runner who has just had one knee replaced and waiting to have the other one done!

Simie.

April I was 115kgs, got down to 102 just before Christmas period, but I've had a great Christmas, so back up to 105kgs, aiming for 92 kgs, which I am assured will result in ladies in Nana and Cowboy calling me a handsome man!

I lost the previous weight by drinking less beer (but more whiskey, on ice) NO or minimal rice, potatoes etc, more meat, big breakfast small dinner and no exercise. Dieting alone seemed to be good for a 13 kg loss over 6 months.

You weighed *more* than me, you short fat fuck! 55555555 I find that hard to believe...

Regards,

SD -- 6'3" and 111Kgs for years now...

Archived