NFL Playoffs

Hugh_Hoy

My thoughts are similar. I donâ??t really care particularly about Favre getting another chance and not sure that he will. The Giants looked very good against the Cowgirls today. Really great pass rush kept Romo throwing off his back foot all afternoon. Jags did play well enough to win most games. Never gave up. Chargers showed how vulnerable they are. Pats by 14; Giants by 1. Who knows? I only went 50-50 this weekend.

HH

Ah yes! Nice to see the Pats win today against the Bolts, and again off to the SuperBowl! What a year! All the way boys, all the way. Another ring for the Pats. What a fucking great team effort these guys have shown. Breaking the records and winning every game of the year and playoffs, and now/next, the SuperBowl again. Nice to see the Surin Cable stations actully showing the playoff games.

:applause::beer::yay::yay::yay: :thumbup: :neener:

Cent

HH,

13-14 point spread in Vegas for the Pats to win. I'd probably take the Giants with 14 for the spread, but I ain't a gambling man. Pats vs Giants. Should be no problem. Let's just hope Brady plays a much better game in 2 weeks than he did today. Still, a win is a win, no matter it's an ugly one. They are a team though, and play like one. When one area is lacking, they make up for it in others. A true team spirit. Brady has actually signed for much less money than he was/is worth just to help the team get better players within the cap system. That to me says it all really. The kid has class and is not a bigheaded areshole. He's competitive and confident, but not overly agressive or cocky. Sad to see and read all the 'cheater' bullshit on the websites. Bollocks, completely.

Cent

Centâ?¦.saw that 13-14 on some website. Said it had to be done to get money placed on the Giants and even up the board. Iâ??m sure that is the case. Even the egomaniacs in the Big Apple canâ??t be serious that their Giants are only a touchdown less than the Pats.

Yesterdayâ??s game was actually the SECOND game in a row that Brady wasnâ??t really playing his best.

Cavanamiâ?¦maybe the Pats werenâ??t their bestâ?¦or maybe San Diego is better than people give them credit for. Even with a lame QB and one of the best runners in the league sitting on the bench, The Chargers gave the Pats a game.

I donâ??t think the weather had more of an effect on the Packers than the Giants. They both get their share of shitty weather to play in. I thought both teams played about the same, except that Manning had an unusually good game and the Giantsâ?? field goal kicker finally found the uprights LOL. He was beginning to look like Scud Norwood was his kicking coach! If theyâ??d lost that game, the kicker would have had to walk back to NYC.

Badaâ?¦.Iâ??d have to bet agains the G-Men (except for giving 14 points). The SB will be on a neutral fieldâ?¦can mean a lot in evening things up.

HH

HH,

I figure with the 2 weeks off, Belichick's coaching and the fact they've played and beat the Gs already and know them well enough, along with their previous SB experience (hence less jitters, although winning it all could cause some antsiness, as well for some of the younger Pats never in a SB before), and the fact Brady wants this one real bad and is not injured-and knows he played badly the past couple of games and will step up once again and play a great game, and also the fact the Pats are basically injury free at the moment of their starters, will give the Pats a huge edge. I figure the bookies know their shit, and the Pats will win by a TD and a field goal or two. Pats win by 10 to 13. Weather not a factor as well.

Personally I'd love to see them blow the Gs out of the stadium as an answer to all that 'asterik' bullshit the whiners have been spouting all year. I want a romp, and the Pats are quite capable of seriously running up the score if they are clicking. No way the Giants will stop them unless Brady gets injured. Double/triple team whoever they like, Brady will get the ball into the red zone and into the end zone. Not a doubt in my mind. :) They've learned how to win, as a team, and will do it once again in a big way. Besides, it is not Eli's turn yet. There is a dynasty in his way this year going for the gold.

:) :thumbup:

Cent

This article sums up why I hate the '72 Dolphins and want them to lose their being the only unbeaten team. They are sore winners. An excerpt:

Bash the Patriots and their coach all you want. I do. Just understand that with a game left to play, they are nothing if not tested, as their regular season included victories over six playoff teams â?? the Colts, Cowboys, Chargers, Steelers, Giants and Redskins.

Now, go back and check the '72 Dolphins. Their regular season included only two games against teams that finished better than .500 â?? the Vikings and the Giants, who were both 8-6 that year. The combined won-loss record of their opponents was 43-86-3. Let me rephrase. Their average opponent had a winning percentage of .333.

Archived