BCS SUCKS !

Hugh_Hoy

The only thing I can say is that there wasn't a lot of hype for the OSU/LSU game this year. I'm not surprised that OSU choked. LSU simply ate their lunch and then asked "what ya all gonna do 'bout it?" "Nothing", replied OSU. "Can we get ya a barrel of beer to go with it?" #1 MY ASS. OSU backed into the game, as did LSU. But at least LSU seemed to come to play. OSU. Who knows why the f--k they showed up. BCS probation for the Big 10! Three years is about right. No BCS bowls for those losers for 3 years.

Had to laugh at the idiot on TV suggesting that we could see OSU in the BSC championship game again next year. I can only think that anybody who would be watching OSU in another BCS bowl would be fans of the opposing team thristy for blood. LOL !

OK. Rant over. Time for "Plus One".

HH

#1 goes down again, doesn't look liked they belonged there. Seems like that's been the story all season. First time in history a 2 loss team is the national champ.

The plus one format would have left out the likes of Georgia & USC so I would say 8 team playoff, preferably 16 to put it beyond doubt.

Being a big SEC fan I have to say the last two performances may have legitimized what we already knew. The SEC is by far the best league top to bottom in the country. In years past SEC teams sometimes missed out on the chance to play for the MNC because we beat up on each other. This year may have proven that even a 2-loss SEC team should get a chance over an overrated Big 10 team or someone along the lines of Oklahoma even if they have only one loss.

CS...I don't know the enrollment numbers of the various 100+ Div I schools. Too lazy to look it up and compare, I guess. Fill me in :)

RayRay...I think before we start talking about toughness of intra-conference schedules, a lot more needs to be looked at. ALL conferences can be looked at as "competitive" within themselves.

HH

Question. What is the biggest school in your collective opinions NEVER to have won a national championship?

The biggest that come to mind for me as far as schools that have had some semblance of football success either now or in the past are Syracuse, West Virginia, Boston College, Virginia Tech, Arizona State, Oregon, Purdue, and Wisconsin. I actually thought Arizona State did win one way back in the early 70's or so; but they did not show up in the link I used.

If you take that list and rank it by enrollments it shakes out as: Arizona State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Oregon, Syracuse, Boston College.

Most of these schools seem to have about the same amount of football accumen and tradition so I really can't say which one is the biggest in that framework. I did find a list of the 20 winningest programs in history. Only two of the teams mentioned here made that list. Syracuse was #13 and West Virginia was #19.

Sorry, but Missouri needs to have more than one good year in every 30 to make this list :)

Here's the link I referenced List of Champs

Va Tech has been good the last decade or so, not much of a tradition. Mizzou is a basketball school, as is North Carolina but still I would have thought NC would have been a football power at some point???

I was going to mention my alma mater, Auburn but I forgot we shared it in '57. Didn't realize it till I saw the list. :)

Syracuse had teams with Jim Brown, Larry Czonka and Floyd Little and its a suprise they didn't win one at some point.

Missouri is more of a football school than basketball school. It has a football tradition going back to the 1890's (the oldest continuous rivalry west of the Mississippi with Kansas)and had great teams in the 1940's, 50's, 60's and early seventies. Being from Kansas, I don't have any rooting interesst in Missouri, as there biggest rival is Kansas but I would say that Kansas does fall in your catagory of a school that has one really good season every 30 years and is a basketball school. At least Kansas State isn't the losingest football school any more. By the way, Syracuse did win a national championship, in 1959, going 11-0 and winning the Cotton bowl (I'm actually old enough to remember when the Cotton Bowl was one of the big 4 bowls).

Archived