BCS SUCKS !

Hugh_Hoy

On further reflection, I would probably nominate UCLA as the school. Even with their main rival UCS piling up national championships, UCLA had good coaches, like Dick Vermeil and Terry Donahue and a great campus environment and had terrific basketball teams under coach Wooden (sure UCLA is a basketball school but Michigan is a football school that has won championships in basketball).

UC schools have higher admission requirements and character quotients (even for jocks) than a lot of private schools and, particularly, SEC schools :neener:

HH

I'll give two shits about admission requirements when FOX / ABC shell out five gazillion dollars to televise the BCS Quiz Bowl Championships :neener:

That a national championship that should never have been shared (in 1954). I'll take the BCS over the rules in effect in 1954, when the Bruins, 9-0 and winners of the PAC, could not play in the Rose Bowl against the Buckeyes because they had played in it a year before and a "no repeat" rule was in effect in 1954, where a PAC team could not play in the Rose Bown two years in a row.

Archived