ARABS AND INDIANS.. don't they just love us! A story of petty racism i

djkaveman

This could turn into a whole big debate on the issue of segregation, but that's what it boils down to. That's what this is. In a world where people of different cultures/races are mixing more and more (and I don't think the trend is going to reverse), segregation and discrimination just don't work. If you do it, you punish people who don't deserve it, which is unfair. Thais seem to be slow on the uptake about this. Even in a country as mixed as the US it's taken a heck of a long time, and if Thailand wants to continue progressing, it'll have to change on this. But in most of our own countries (US, Europe) this would be grounds for a big fat lawsuit, so any guys here from those countries who think it's ok for Rainbow to do that, well, you're taking sides against the laws of your own country. The only difference between Asia and the West on this issue is that they haven't copped on yet. Discrimination sucks anywhere. I mean, you guys aren't in favor of public stonings, right? B ut that's the way it is in some Muslim countries, so ... when in Rome, right?

Now if it comes down to the comfort of their customers... have any white guys here ever complained about an Indian or Arab being in the same club? Would that happen? In the places where we live, sharing space with other races/cultures is a totally normal everyday experience. You'd have to be a skinhead or Nazi to be upset about that.

What's interesting is that it's Rainbow. When I think of that bar, I think of all the Japanese and Asians there. I wonder if it's the comfort of the Japanese that is being considered. (would they complain? No idea, I just don't know anay Japanese well enough to answer that -- I do know what the policy is in the Japanese bars over in Patpong though.) So if that's the case, and this is total speculation, this could be a step on the way to Rainbow bars becoming like the Japanese bars on Patpong (only Japanese allowed) or else like what Thermae has turned into, where if you're white you're ignored by the girls.

Now, I have been in Nana with a friend who's black American (older, kind of Bill Cosby type), and there was not the slightest hint of a problem -- he was treated really well by the girls (in Hollywood) in fact. Maybe that's the key: go with a white friend. Or an Asian friend. (if you're there when I visit, I'd go with you)

But then once inside, subtly get to meet the manager, introduce yourself, maybe give a tip, Hi my name is ###, etc. First name basis with the manager might eliminate the problem in future. Next time if they give you trouble, just ask to speak to [insert name of manager here].

Just some thoughts.

Good luck

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...odd is here, some groups just don't mix at all, never have, never will. It is often the group themselves that shuns the main group, rather than the other way around...example, SFO, very mixed, but socially, Asians still mostly say in their own enclaves, and shun the others.

I see it almost everywhere I go. At work, entire work centers are all one Asian group, and they just don't want to mix when a non Asian or other Asian not of their own comes into the group. Unless something happens, then they scream discrimination. Very weird thing to see.

On a brighter note, the younger generations do seem more open minded, and more multi racial so hopefully the practice will shift.

But then once inside, subtly get to meet the manager, introduce yourself, maybe give a tip, Hi my name is ###, etc. First name basis with the manager might eliminate the problem in future.

Sorry mate, that's textbook "nice guy who gets walked on." But fuck that in the real world IMHO. He's the the bloody customer. Bottom line: they want his money. If they make it hard for him to spend his money, then fuck them. He should move on.

Really, there's nothing at any Rainbow Bar that is not available in dozens of BKK establishments. Why suggest he embarrass himself by kissing their arse? Fuck them.

Cheers,

SD

"They" means the ones who want to remain separate or the ones who want to be able to mix? If some people want to remain separate, should other people who don't then be required to? A lot of white Americans are devout Christians and have very strict morals when it comes to sex outside marriage. Should we expect you to live up to that standard yourself since you're one of "them"? ;-)

Good point. Yeah you're right, he shouldn't ass-kiss. But if he really wanted to go to that particular bar... Rainbow has always been a regular stop of mine when in BKK, and I don't agree that the same quality is available anywhere else (and maybe our OP wouldn't agree with you either, not sure).

Maybe this is just some over-zealous pinhead working the door, a fluke situation, and a talk with the manager would straighten it out. Never know.

Dude, I've lived LoS for many years. Basically, Rainbow girls only sure to be fit as a maid in my house (but they'd have to be vetted to touch my clothes LOL) and not much else... One does not need to deal with mediocre gals* who think their shit doesn't stink when living in SE Asia!

OK, a *bit* of an exaggeration, but pretty much reality if you know where to go...

Cheers,

SD -- would not mind to hang with some cool brothers and show 'em the ropes

* -- I like my polite, fit, hardbody, well-proportioned, educated, Chinese-roots, classic-beauty, city girls (in that order); if that's not you, then YMMV...

:sad::sad::sad: I saw the same thing happen over the past few years in Pattaya on sevaral occasions. I am friends with a few bar owners who told me that if he lets Arabs & Indans etc into the bar, the girls were very uneasy & threatening to leave due to fear of terrorist bombings. One guy had brought his passport as he was from europe but that made no difference as the terrorism is deemed to stem not country of birth but from the islamic religions which are worshiped in all countries worldwide.

One guy kept coming back to the bars where he was refused entry and after a few trys he was admitted, the perception being that he caused no problems at the door on refusal, was wearing

t-shirt & shorts (so no where to hide anything) & after 4 days still had'nt blown up himself or any bars. You can't really blame the bar owners because if the girls refuse to work there, then no customers & no profit.

Not a racist thing just fear. :sad::sad::sad:

I had a night on the beer a couple of months ago with a rather eccentric Arab fried of mine, in Nana Plaza.

This guy had a pet parrot. Bizzarely, he bought it along with him to show it off to the girls. I was worried if i would be allowed into any bar, with an Arab and a bloody parrot.

So, the first bar we went into.... i felt so embarrased for the Arab;

A bar girl comes running over immediatley and looks at the Arabs shoulder, where the parrot was perched and says;

"Oh my god! Thats amazing! Where did you get it from, JJ market?"

The parot said "Nah. Picked him up in the middle east. Cost me fuck all darling. Theres fucking loads of them"

Ain't that the F-ing truth Bandex. Nobody wants them... How many Arabs do you see at Morning Night Bar... Zippo to none cause they don't serve them! Suk between Soi 3 and Soi4 is like some DMZ.. Arabs and Nigerians on one side and the rest of the world on the other... Not MY Problem that they bars don't want them I don't care! I don't want them around me so I would not go to a place that admits them as customers. Again, at least Thailand respects the right of business owners to keep out problem customers.

In Thailand they have three tourist seasons low, High and Middle Easter Season. Shite, I know one hotel in that has to call the police everyday during Arab season due to their problematic lifestyle!

They don't tip, the girls won't go with them and 99% of the customers don't want to be around them.

Here's a good one! During the evening at the Executive Lounge the J.W. Marriott has open bar and light snack food (to be made a meal of). Self Serve...Open Bar. I stayed in that hotel 39 nights last year a never missed an evening in the lounge. Guess what, the only people who demand table service are Indians, Pakis, and Arabs. One night there was one Arab there who threatened a service lady because she was slow in bring his drink when it is self service. So, I go over to the guys table and say, "Do you notice that you are the only person in the room who expects table service when it is open bar and serve youself".... The F-ing Moron plays dummy so I point out to him that he is the only Arab in the room and I advise the lovely young laqdy that if he were to lodge a complaint about her service that I would be more than happy to speak on her behalf! I did so right in front of the Arab!

In on Waling Street in Pattaya some fine gents from Oz have s sign indicatging that Arabs are not welcome.. In Patong on Nanai Road there is a sign that indicates a number of ethnic/nationality groups are not welcome... Guess What...Arabs are included in that group

I support the right of a busines owner to not serve anybody, for any reason any time! Up to Them

It is the right for those groups of people to do what they want and it is my right to avoid them...And I Do!

End of Story and thank you Bandix for an honest post supported with facts, as is my post!

Archived