ARABS AND INDIANS.. don't they just love us! A story of petty racism i

djkaveman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"They" means the ones who want to remain separate or the ones who want to be able to mix? If some people want to remain separate, should other people who don't then be required to? A lot of white Americans are devout Christians and have very strict morals when it comes to sex outside marriage. Should we expect you to live up to that standard yourself since you're one of "them"? ;-)

I re-read my post, it is a bit off...let me elaborate a bit more directly. I work with a lot of Chinese and Filipinos. "They" (the Chinese and Filipinos) with very few exceptions do not want to mix at all with anyone not of their own.

Example: I worked with a Filipino guy for years, his wife and my ex-were from the same part of PI, and we went to parties together off work. He eventually retired, the other Pinoys threw him a retirement party, but did not invite any non Filipinos...they guy actually asked them to come and get me and 2 other guys he knew...we all thought it was awkward. Later, the management told these guys they could not do that on company time, that retirement parties are departmental, and all must be included, they (the Pinoys) bitched a blue streak about that.

They form work cliques, lunch cliques etc, and almost never really interact with anyone not of their own, unless they absolutely have to. if you are working with 2 of them, they will immediately use their own language and exclude you from the conversation and or anything job related. Yet, they will be the first ones to play the race card when it doesn't go their way.

There are entire crews like this at work, and there is nothing you can do about it, unless something overt is done and witnessed. For the most part, I would say they are not really offensive (annoying at times) but I would prefer to work with people who interact and are more sociable. Hope that clarifies that.

As for Christians, I have worked with many, and they do interact.

Thanks for the further info... You are totally right that people out of the county show discourse with white people and it is worse in their coutry.....

BTW, you have a Filipina Bride..... looking over some of your old posts I'm wondering if you are not afraid of the famour "Filipino HairCut" I spent a bit of time in that country and know of or seen more that one G.I. with a cut throat.

I guess if you live diangerously if is more fun, not for me! Good luck and just remember when she is Balikbayan doesn't mean her friends are not watching.

Salamt and Good Luck!

OH, is a bold dude. Just like guys in Nan getting laid from a village girl in the bush while two buddies stood guard! OH, you are a better man that I....

You are as good as

www.theguyfromboston.com

I'm a solo eagle, I fly alone but nary do I want the wrath of a S.E. Asian woman. I was in a bar in San Francisco not all that long ago and a guy was showing off his butterfly knife from Bangkok. A lovely lil Fillipina asked to see it and began flipping it about like she was some sore of Ninja!!! What lil willie I got I wnat to stay in place.... Butterfly is one thingo but butterfly on a Filipina Madan with a with a Mia Noi in the wings.... Mai Ow!

I first learned of the term betterfly on Magsaysay Blvd in Olongapo a long long time ago.

Had a steady girl down there but had a fling with some other girl about 1km away.,.....She was on me the next night! You butterfly!

Not me buddy, OH is a better man than I!

There you go OH. Filipino Haircut or Si Saket Duck Snack. Tough choice.

Given a choice, I'd give all I have to Si Saket Girl. Perhaps for the benefit of the new guys, I should retell the story? O.k. if enough money is paid, I will not mention her, you have 72 hours to raise the cash! :)

"...OH is absolutely fearless..."

No, not fearless, just stupid. To paraphrase Kris Kristofferson "...freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..." Or Bob Dylan"...when you got nothing, you got nothing to lose..."

"...Were you at My Lai by any chance?..."

Way before my time thank god.

"...OH is absolutely fearless..."

No, not fearless, just stupid.

Another illusion shattered. I know you weren't in Nam OH. I was thinking about the Blackwater dude. Something he said about doing Viet village girls while his buddies stood guard. I'm sure it was consensual.

Archived