ARABS AND INDIANS.. don't they just love us! A story of petty racism i

djkaveman

As for African Americans I do say this it is not fair but also not my problem.

Is not that the girls dont like them,its that their cocks are to big!

Choclate Steve always takes a roll of gaffa tape to Los with with him to wind around the girls hips to stop their pelvis's from cracking!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friends were watching a funny incident the other day at Pump Station in Pattaya, a blow job bar. One nicely dressed and behaving black man tried to enter but the one girls were shouting at him that don't come here, last time ****'s jaw was aching two days and were showing signs referring to the size of his willy. Chocolate man hom yai :)

Any way I understand complitely some bar owners will to ban some ethnicities if they want to please their regular customer base. I will personally walk out of any bar if I see it's full of Russians. Also sometimes I get annoyed if the place is full of arabs even usually I can deal with them just fine. I love to fly Etihad Airways though.

Torrenova's comments were interesting and I would probably do excactly the same if I was a bar manager. If the arab/african/whatever shows clearly that he's well behaving and paying customer, no problem, but if I would see potential problem case based on my experience I wouldn't serve him.

Threads about discrimination at LOS nightspots pop up regularly on the punter boards. The biggest problem is that some posters draw an equal sign between cultural/institutional racism and the treatment of some non-farang customers in P4P-oriented venues. Too much emphasis is placed on racist ideology as the motivation for the refusal of some gogo bars to admit men of color. Instead, it is almost entirely a commercial decision,

A bar owner's (or bar girl's) preferences about customers are seldom based on any sort of "ideological" racism. It has to do with simply rules-of-thumb that enable them to survive under less than ideal circumstances. There is very little room in these girls' lives for abstract predujice. For many, not accepting a customer's offer could mean that she - or her family - won't eat that night. If a girl does refuse, it's for a damn strong reason - usually because of bad experiences in the past with certain groups of customers.

Bar owners are simply trying to cultivate the core customer group they need to survive. It's a sharp edge that cuts in all directions. I'm about as mainstream white, Anglo-Saxon and Protestant as you can get, but there are a half-dozen bars within walking distance of my apartment in New York City that would refuse me service if I tried to visit them.

Is it because those bar owners hate WASP men? That may be a tiny part of it, but mostly it's because I don't fit in with the customers on which the bar owner is dependent for his livelihood. To the degree that I remind customers of a law enforcement agent, process server, bail bondsman, private investigator, insurance claims adjuster, social worker, building inspector, district attorney or any of a number of other professions that spell trouble for certain people, I tend to scare away his target customers. In other cases, it's simply because I'm too old or dressed the wrong way for the crowd in the bar.

Do I care? Not one bit. In fact, I'm thankful when doormen warn me up front that a certain bar "not for you." That way I don't waste time or money in a place where I'm not going to have a good time anyway.

Same-same in LOS. There are Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Indian, and African bars and clubs that don't want me or any farang as a customer. In Pattaya and BKK, there are of course many places where the tables are turned â?? I belong to the group from which the bar draws its desired customer base while some non-farangs are refused at the door.

It's nothing to get upset about, just look for another bar.

There's a lot of confusion in these threads and some background might help. When Thais' speak about Indians or Indian people, they are using a homemade English translation for theThai term "kaek." It refers to people from a swathe of countries from Turkey to Nepal, not just citizens of the Republic of India. When a TG speaks of "Indian people," it's often Arabs who are meant.

There's also another reason. In the 1970's and 1980's, oilfield and construction workers working in the Gulf states became an important part of the LOS P4P scheme. Those guys had a lot of money and spent it freely while in LOS. Because these workers were so badly treated on the job, they refused to sit in the same bar as Arabs. If an Arab walked in, the construction/oil workers would leave en masse. Alternately, the drunkest among them would beat the crap out of the Arabs. In either case, it was easier for the bar owner to avoid all hassles by banning Arabs.

Another "historical" factor to explain the prejudice many BGs feel against "Indian men" has been their inability to understand the bar-fine system. There have been cases where men of various backgrounds have refused to compensate BGs after a night of sex because they thought the B/F was an all-in fee. In other cases, these same men were less than generous in their compensation of the girls.

Add to this some widespread conceptions among TGs about different races or ethnic groups that are based on a combination of bad experiences and handed-down stories. I'll never forget the bar girl who told me, "Ten farang men - one bad customer. Ten Indian men (she meant Arabs), all bad customers." Harsh, but from her point of view, probably true.

Evel

:devil:

You're right about bar owners looking after their core customers but I'm not sure where you get this bit...

"In the 1970's and 1980's, oilfield and construction workers working in the Gulf states became an important part of the LOS P4P scheme. Those guys had a lot of money and spent it freely while in LOS. Because these workers were so badly treated on the job, they refused to sit in the same bar as Arabs. If an Arab walked in, the construction/oil workers would leave en masse. Alternately, the drunkest among them would beat the crap out of the Arabs."

I was one of those oil workers in Iraq and Kuwait and I only remember being treated with generosity and respect. Especially in Iraq. I used to visit LOS in the 70s and 80s and I don't remember any fights. If anything I'd say the bar scene was much more mellow. Perhaps I was just lucky.

Archived