What floor departure taxis at Suvarnabhumi?

rickfarang

I know they moved the departure taxi stands at Suvarnabhumi from one floor to another, but I can't reliably remember which floor they are on now. I need to meet somebody near the taxi stand door.

Does anybody remember upon which floor the departure taxi stands are now located?

Thank you in advance.

Do some math here. I have to say the new que I saw a couple weeks ago as I wisked away in and AOT car was crazy. As I pass thru the walk passed customs and out past the barries to the "Arrivals Hall" I go right to the nearest AOT Limo stand with 1000 baht in my hand. Noting the address to my hotel as I arrive at the kiosk. while I'm there someone gets right on pushing my cart and we are literally "gone in 60 Secs" out to the curb where drivers are waiting to join the porter in loading you bags and you are off on your way. I tired it a few weeks ago to barely stop walking and yep... I really never did stop moving. Now I liken the taxi que to the line infront of the U.S. Embassy each day. Five across and more that 100 meters. How long to get into cab... I don't care.

AOT 1000 fee, 100 driver tip 50 baht porter

equals 1150 baht Not time wasted.

Taxi, 300 to uppers Suk, 80 Baht tolls, 100 driver, and probably another 100 to get thru the que (same same Don Muang)...Not just that is would be my normal preferance to use a private car service but to save 600 baht or less and wait in a huge line for a long time. I figure I gets me into town in in time to get a snoot full and find a wench before the BIB make their rounds to advise it is time to close! That is what I call a NO Brainer! :surprised:

Never seen that a long line at Suv. vs. the lines at Don Muang. Agree with Samak on the tolls, you don't have to tip to get through line. If you want to skip and negotiate yourself, just try 300 baht, most will accept and off you go.

Limo, I have paid 800 last two times, but then I get in late at night. I usually take them if it is raining as I always carry 2 huge bags and another large carry-on and the trunk and even front seat is not enough to accomodate my bags and gf. I don't like to get the bags wet. Lots of presents for my kids and friends.

Archived