Koh Samui

Robbie9god

I'm planning on spending a few days there at the start of March and was wondering what the scene was like there now?...Haven't been there since 2001 and heard that Chaweng should now be avoided.Is Lamai still worth a visit and if so whats the nightlife like now and are the hotels still guest friendly?...wnat to do some diving,chilling out and have some fun with the girls without standing out like a sore thumb.

Cheers

hi

i was in chewang 22dec -30th dec.

ive been before and really enjoyed it,i went back this time and was there for 8 days,i think if i had of stayed 3 days i would of left saying it was good. :crazy:

to be honest i just got sick of the same bars with not that many nice/friendly girls,i also got annoyed with all the cheap charlie backpackers and hippys arguing over 10 baht for a taxi to the airport :susel::susel:

the last time i stayed on the beach but in high season it was too expensive.

i stayed at http://www.donlaemdin.com/ just a new hotel,its on the second rd from the beach and beside i lots of bars on the same rd.

only thing is if you want to go to where the other bars are near the ark bar you have to get a motorbike taxi which is about 40baht cause of the one way system,you can walk it maybe 15mins.

think it was 1500 when i stayed there.

i hired out a bike and when to bophut which was nice and big budda :D

• 2 weeks later...
one need to have other reasons to come to Ko Samui!

Just been there twice before and really enjoyed it so hopefully the 3rd time will be just as good.Just want to do some scuba diving,drink a few beers on the beach and relax for a few days with some nice thai women for company without getting any nasty looks from the package tourists.

Thanks for your advice guys.

• 3 weeks later...
drink a few beers on the beach and relax for a few days with some nice thai women for company without getting any nasty looks from the package tourists.

Thanks for your advice guys.

Well in all fairness to them, you are sat there with a prostitute. What do you expect?

Archived