Favourite Classical Music

MooNoi

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Confession time, even though my father was a session guitarist in the 60's my mother was a classical trained pianist and I had to endure piano lessons and also flamenco guitar before I was allowed to plug in my first electric.

One Composer who did it for me was Aram Khachaturian Sabre Dance made me sit up and take notice, especialy with the Guitar Concertto Rework and also Dave Edmunds rock version.

There is a major crossover between classical and rock music, Rush 2112 is a 1970's version of the 1812 Overture, Iron Butterfly , Van Der Graaf Generator ,

, and lets not forget the most prolific composer of the 20th Cent Frank Zappa .

My wifes classic education is realising that Who Are You , Won't get Fooled Again and Baba O'Riley are actual recordings by The Who and not just theme music for CSI.

Guest lazyphil

the sorcerers apprentice no idea who its by though. i used to like vivaldis 4 seasons until everyone decided to put it on when holding on on calling the bank or whoever, kind of killed it for me :(

There is a major crossover between classical and rock music, Rush 2112 is a 1970's version of the 1812 Overture, Iron Butterfly , Van Der Graaf Generator , Emerson Lake & Palmer , and lets not forget the most prolific composer of the 20th Cent Frank Zappa .

Yoy could also mention the Dutch band "Ekseption" who did rock versions of classic music. They were very big for a couple of years in Sweden and then they slid back into total oblivion.

Archived