Prison for air-rage arsehole who wanted to go business class

SatRai

Re air on aircraft Old Hippy is half right.

The air is constantly replaced and circulated. There is no oxygen added to it. The oxy generators are for emergency only and will only last for 15 minites. The air is taken from the compressor sect of the engine conditioned and pressurises the cabin. Aircraft at 35000 feet will have a effect cabin of 6-8000 feet. Hence you do suffer from slight hypoxia and dehydration.

Hence dont drink booze or coffee on board just heaps of water and you should be right. Only trouble is I mix my water with scotch!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
Re air on aircraft Old Hippy is half right.

The air is constantly replaced and circulated. There is no oxygen added to it. The oxy generators are for emergency only and will only last for 15 minites. The air is taken from the compressor sect of the engine conditioned and pressurises the cabin. Aircraft at 35000 feet will have a effect cabin of 6-8000 feet. Hence you do suffer from slight hypoxia and dehydration.

Hence dont drink booze or coffee on board just heaps of water and you should be right. Only trouble is I mix my water with scotch!

I know this thread is over 2 years old but I'm bored.

OH what is your job that you do for a good part of the day, 5 days a week for how many decades now?

Archived