The Promenade Hotel

Man at Work

I found this post from 2005,

>>Does anyone know if the promenade hotel on soi 8 is girl friendly and if there is a charge. <<

They charged me 500 baht when the girl i brought back had bled all over the sheets The girl tried to hide the sheets in the morning from the staff, and from me! Was embarassing when the maid brought the sheets to the lobby while i was checking out.

But that was five years ago maybe the policy has changed.

From the previous poster it sounds like the carpets are in the same rotten condition as they were 5 years ago. If that is the case then i am amazed this place is still going. 1200baht for a night? If the room was free I would still give it a pass.

I stayed there one time 5 or 6 years ago. It was cheap, run down, and guest friendly. Swimming pool on the roof as I recall. About 75 meters down the soi, on the right, just past the Sable Lodge, which is on the left.

Look, I may be cheap, but I have my standards. The hotel was so run down, I have never been back. Maybe its been upgraded since then. If not, avoid. Check into the Sable Lodge instead or the Royal Asia, which is further down the soi.

Archived