Wanted: A BG room to rent

fool

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When THEY come home empty handed? What about when I come home empty handed? :(

Nooooooo!!!! I never would :)

Actually I have thought of trying to find two rooms and keeping one as a shag pit, figure 4K is about 8-10 short time room fees and I would have way more control over the "ambience". Sounds like a plan.

Make sure to ask how much they charge for electricity and water; they sometimes mark it way up. B5/unit is normal for electricity.

Tell me about it. I get charged 7 baht a unit and my first month's electricity bill was over 5000 baht.

Wonderlust, it sounds as if your apartment is either extremely large or you had the A/C on 24/7?! When I lived in Bangkok it did get hot in our apartment, but our bill was never anything like that. We used to have fans on during the day and that made it pleasant enough to do without the A/C in the day time. And used the A/C in the bedroom at night. But when we previously lived in Pattaya for a while we got quite a nice sea breeze and fans worked fine. Never had the A/C on once.

Simie.

It's a large studio which overheats badly (due to poor building design presumably) so I had the aircon on a lot. Not 24/7 but probably more than 12 hours a day. I got it down to 2000 baht in the second month with less aircon but it's too hot so I'm moving. Looking around some other apartments they're much cooler and won't need as much aircon. I'm a mosquito magnet so keep the windows closed.

Wonderlust, yes when we lived in Pattaya our place was close to the beach and quite a few floors up so a nice sea breeze and no problems with mozzies. Just having the balcony door open and the fan on was ideal. But in Bangkok it was a different kettle of fish. I've had two apartments there, one a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom place and the other a decent sized studio. Our electric bill in the studio was almost as much as the 2 bed place as in the studio of course we had to cool the whole place. Where as we just did the bedroom in the other place.

Simie.

Archived